session bores are serious individuals they don't talk because they have nothing to t talk about stonefaced musicians enough to put anybody off irish music for a lifetime   it happens in London I am irish I like to enjoy myself when I go out and have the crack the irish are well known for it

Views: 443

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dude, preach. Can't stand being at a session, and there's a nice set of tunes, and in that lovely moment of silence after the set finishes, some fool launches into a tune without letting the last one really sit. Stop and converse with your fellow human beings folks, it is part of the thing...

Matthew Olwell said:

Dude, preach. Can't stand being at a session, and there's a nice set of tunes, and in that lovely moment of silence after the set finishes, some fool launches into a tune without letting the last one really sit. Stop and converse with your fellow human beings folks, it is part of the thing...

I noticed a change in sessions after everyone quit smoking.  People used to stop after a set or two, light up, and talk awhile.  Now it seems like it's one tune after another, with a lot less social interaction.  

As a box player friend of mine once said, "if we were more social types, we'd be dancers".

Tom Quinn said:

I noticed a change in sessions after everyone quit smoking.  People used to stop after a set or two, light up, and talk awhile.  Now it seems like it's one tune after another, with a lot less social interaction.  

As a box player friend of mine once said, "if we were more social types, we'd be dancers".

you are so right about sessions in london playing fast bang at a vast speed is something i certainly dont want to listen to playing one tune after another wont give anybody a look in some of the musicians Dont know anything about irish folk/trad music they live in london Seamus ennis the great Uillean piper from dublin would not mean anything to them some session leaders wont sing any irish folk songs have no connection with ireland or its music and suddenly decide that they the little hitlers are going to tell you where to sit and when you should play sessions in Ireland are  different the warm smile the golden handshake they will let anybody play especially young people last week some session leader tried to tell me where i would sit

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by Tony Lawless.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service