Hi folks. I would like to acquire a Sam Murray flute in D, preferably with at least 3 keys. This is to go with the 3-key Murray flute in Eb that I already own.

Views: 304

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ps I don't mind if it needs repair or refurbishment so long as it isn't a write-off

Hi Mike I have a 3 key blackwood Murray with Eb and Bb block left on it for sale. PM for price and pics.

Best,

M

Interesting. I don't know how to PM you from Tradconnect but you can PM me on Mike.meyerstein@gmail.con

Massimo Cattaneo said:

Hi Mike I have a 3 key blackwood Murray with Eb and Bb block left on it for sale. PM for price and pics.

Best,

M

You needs to be Friends before you can PM so send a friend request first.

..Sam is as illusive as his flutes these days..I know him well..I grew up and lived facing him in Belfast..we played many a session in Kellys cellars and shared many a tune.. I could try and source one for you, but they are expensive and as I said illusive these days..reply to this message if your stuck and I will endavour to get you one....I only live an hour away from his workshop in Galway, although he's smoking pipe and hairy slippers these days..when ya can find him. His son might be able to help though ?

Thanks!

TradConnect said:

You needs to be Friends before you can PM so send a friend request first.

Hi Colin,

I live in Galway and I haven't seen Sam in Eons, word on the streed, at least for the past year or two is that he retired. He's not around the usual watering holes anyways.

Colin Stewart said:

..Sam is as illusive as his flutes these days..I know him well..I grew up and lived facing him in Belfast..we played many a session in Kellys cellars and shared many a tune.. I could try and source one for you, but they are expensive and as I said illusive these days..reply to this message if your stuck and I will endavour to get you one....I only live an hour away from his workshop in Galway, although he's smoking pipe and hairy slippers these days..when ya can find him. His son might be able to help though ?

I have one for sale if you are interested.
I am based in Ireland.
If you are still looking, my email address is lauracrossan1@gmail.com

Thanks for the two members who offered to sell me their flutes. However, I subsequently found out that McNeela Music in Dublin is selling new flutes by Sam Murray. so I have ordered one of them. Apparently, Sam is making them again. It's a 3-key flute in D. I hope to get it soon but they didn't ask for a deposit, which is a bit strange. I suppose that if a buyer backs out, they will pass it on to the next one on the waiting list.

see  http://www.mcneelamusic.com/sam-murray-keyed-flute/ 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by Tony Lawless.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service