What are musicians looking for when it comes to social media and the online world? In 2016 we are looking to work with a number of artists, to understand the challenges they face. Each year we interact with dozens of artists and it is clear that many struggle when it comes to the promotion of music online.
- What challenges do you face?
- Do you understand how to navigate the online world?
- Is there a general fatigue with Facebook and its limited reach?
- What challenges do artists releasing an album for the first time encounter?
- What help and assistance do artists need when it comes to social media and online marketing?
- Do artists feel they get sufficient assistance from arts organisations?
We are looking to work with a number or musicians who are at the start or mid-point in their career. Through a private area of the site we will form a discussion group to help us understand the challenges they face. Following this we will seek funding to work with a number of people over the course of a year, to help them in the area of social media and online marketing.
For now, we would like you to have your say as part of this discussion.