Löfgren alloy high D

This time i got a alloy high D whistle from the skilled whistlemaker. lovely tone and intonation! Reminds me much of a Goldie high D, but with much less back pressure (not a problem, just a fact)

As usual, finish and craftsmanship is second to none!

SOUND SAMPLE

Views: 1480

Replies to This Discussion

Lars, Nice looking whistle and the clip sounds sweet.

Cayden

I talked with Marc, and I am trying to decide which Löfgren whistle I am going to buy. I am torn between the alloy D, the brass and blackwood D/C set, or an alloy low F.

It's a very beautiful whistle! Fortunately for me, I don't prefer a very very high backpressure. I am quite excited to try whichever one I will get.

I am curious as to what other differences you have noted, besides backpressure, between the Goldie and Löfgren soprano D whistles.

I think you'll like whichever you get actually.. The brass/blackwood ones are very heavy, not a complaint, just a fact.

Besides back pressure and slightly less chiff, i think the biggest difference is price ;) the Löfgren is easier to play than the Goldie.

I think i would start with a a brass/blackwood if i were you, then a low F if you're happy with the first one (which i am sure you will be) Best of luck in any case! All Löfgrens are meticulously made and good instruments!

It looks and sounds awesome! Few questions for you. What's the volume like? I prefer something not too loud like the Freeman Generation I have but what is this Lofgren like? How does it fare with clogging issues? And are the holes finished off, rounded like on a Goldie? Many thanks.

Mike

Hi Mike!

First off, the finish is impeccable on mine, all holes are chamfered and smooth. It is louder than generation type whistles but by no means "obnoxious" or piercing like say a Susato. Mine has next to no clogging issues under "normal" circumstances.

Thanks Lars.

RSS

© 2017   Created by Tony Lawless.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service