Traditional Irish Music
Time: July 12, 2014 to July 14, 2014
Location: Château D'Ars, 36400 Lourouer Saint Laurent, France
City/Town: Lourouer Saint Laurent
Website or Map: https://www.google.fr/maps/pl…
Event Type: festival, in, centre, france
Organized By: Le Son Continu
Latest Activity: Jul 9, 2014
For those who knew the festival which for some years took place at Saint Chartier and for the last few years took place at Château D'Ars as Les Rencontres Internationales de Luthiers et Mâitres Sonneurs, you may not be aware that the Comite which run this went bankrupt in January of this year. As a result a new association has been formed to save the festival and bring it back closer to its original "roots".
This is now progressing and with only a short time to organise.
Here is some information for anyone who may be interested and if you have any questions, please feel free to ask and I will do my best to help you.
Le Son Continu
Rassemblement des instruments et musiques populaires
Château d’Ars, 12th to 14th July 2014
Over the coming weeks, we will keep you informed of our progress in putting in place this new festival. For now, we can announce the following broad outline:
- An exhibition by manufacturers of traditional, ethnic and other popular instruments;
- The token entry fee to this exhibition includes access to all of the dances in the castle grounds, until the early hours of the morning;
- Within the Château d’Ars, a collection of hurdy-gurdies belonging to Michèle Fromenteau can be visited during the "Son Continu" festival;
- Dance workshops, hurdy-gurdy and bagpipe competitions;
- Beer tents and catering vans provide a village atmosphere around the château;
- Ticket-only evening concerts;
- A full-festival price for the whole "Son Continu" weekend will not exceed 50 €.
The next informational meetings are:
- Press Conference, Saturday 15th March 2014, 10h, Chapelle de l’Ancien Hôpital, rue Jean Pacton, 36400 La Châtre;
- Inaugural General Meeting of the association « Le Son Continu », Saturday 29th March 2014, 15h (near La Châtre, to be confirmed).
« Le son continu », 134 rue nationale, 36400 La Châtre, email@example.com
For more precise enquiries, please use one of the following addresses:
- Exhibitors (manufacturers, catering) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Volunteers email@example.com
- Artists and all programme enquiries firstname.lastname@example.org
- Media enquiries email@example.com
- Technical & logisitc firstname.lastname@example.org
Hoping to see you in July, we’ll be in touch again soon with more information,
Add a Comment