I'm on a roll this week with ideas that I would like to do a blog on. I think it would be great to compile a list of 101 pubs of the world, famous for a long history of supporting Irish music and Irish musicians. Don't know what should constitute a pub getting into the top 101 apart from a long history of music, live traditional sessions that have been running for 10 years plus. Let me know. Interesting to see how many from outside Ireland qualify. A few immediate ones come to mind but I'll leave it up to you to prompt me.

If you know of or own such a pub that you think qualifies please post below. If possible provide as many links as possible to information, photos, videos etc on the said pub.

I'll start with a pub from my own county Matt Molloy's in Westport, Co. Mayo. Watch this space.

Views: 126

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wee Tom's, or, more formally, The House of McDonnell, in Ballycastle, North Antrim gets my vote. A very long-standing and high quality session. There ain't many pubs like Wee Tom's left.

O'Donoghue's in Dublin.

Dempsey's in New York City hosts NYCs longest running session.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

© 2022   Created by Tradconnect Reviews.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

The title of your home page You could put your verification ID in a comment Or, in its own meta tag Or, as one of your keywords Your content is here. The verification ID will NOT be detected if you put it here. .slick-track { display: flex!important; justify-content: center; align-items: center;/* Safari */ display: -webkit-flex!important; -webkit-justify-content:center; -webkit-align-items: center; }