I'm on a roll this week with ideas that I would like to do a blog on. I think it would be great to compile a list of 101 pubs of the world, famous for a long history of supporting Irish music and Irish musicians. Don't know what should constitute a pub getting into the top 101 apart from a long history of music, live traditional sessions that have been running for 10 years plus. Let me know. Interesting to see how many from outside Ireland qualify. A few immediate ones come to mind but I'll leave it up to you to prompt me.

If you know of or own such a pub that you think qualifies please post below. If possible provide as many links as possible to information, photos, videos etc on the said pub.

I'll start with a pub from my own county Matt Molloy's in Westport, Co. Mayo. Watch this space.

Views: 114

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wee Tom's, or, more formally, The House of McDonnell, in Ballycastle, North Antrim gets my vote. A very long-standing and high quality session. There ain't many pubs like Wee Tom's left.

O'Donoghue's in Dublin.

Dempsey's in New York City hosts NYCs longest running session.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Tradconnect Reviews.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

The title of your home page You could put your verification ID in a comment Or, in its own meta tag Or, as one of your keywords Your content is here. The verification ID will NOT be detected if you put it here. .slick-track { display: flex!important; justify-content: center; align-items: center;/* Safari */ display: -webkit-flex!important; -webkit-justify-content:center; -webkit-align-items: center; }