For those of you not aware of Amazing Slow Downer, its a great piece of software for slowing down tracks. Great for learning and available at www.ronimusic.com Cost about $40. There may be a free one out there so if you know of one let me know.

Views: 251

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've heard some good things about this. Never used it myself, but some of my mandolin playing friends like to use it to slow down recordings of tunes they're trying to learn. Apparently, you can slow the tempo without changing the pitch. Very useful from what they say.
You can also change the pitch back to concert pitch. Some albums/tunes are recorded and raised a semitone so playing along with the CD is impossible. With this you can change them back. Also good for slowing down tunes to see what is actually going on.

Hi Tony,

Have you heard of  "Van Basco" it is free software that will play any music in midifile format and you can control pitch, volume and tempo with three slider controls, ideal for someone trying to learn tunes and most downloads come in midifile format .

Audacity is also free software, you can do lots of stuff with it pitch, speed, change key etc.....

Here's another one that's getting a lot of user praise. Haven't tried it myself, but I know some mandolin people who like it better than Amazing Slowdowner. NFI.

http://www.seventhstring.com/xscribe/reviews.html

I can vouch for A.S.D. as being 'tres effective' being able to hear and follow complex playing/ornamentations while playing along in tune is very handy indeed!
And ASD is available as an itouch app. 
Didn't know that, thanks! That's great.
Have you tried folktunefinder.com?  Once the track you have selected is being played, you can change the settings to slow the speed it is being played at and the pitch doesn't change.  Sound very similar to the ASD, but you don't need to download anything, just go to the website  It has a huge database of tunes.

I think amazing slow downer is a fantastisc piece of software, its only a few quid on the iphone & is very easy to use.  I find i regularly use it for practice along with some other apps.

If you use a computer, the older version of Quicktime allows you to adjust speed & tempo for free but doesn't give you the same level of control or ease of use as Amazing  Slow Downer

My current favourite music apps for iphone/ipad:

Amazing Slow Downer

Tunepal - Shazaam for trad

Tabtoolkit - keep all your sheet music, lyrics etc in one place

MandoChords 

Cleartune Tuner

Metronome

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

© 2020   Created by Tradconnect Reviews.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

The title of your home page You could put your verification ID in a comment Or, in its own meta tag Or, as one of your keywords Your content is here. The verification ID will NOT be detected if you put it here. .slick-track { display: flex!important; justify-content: center; align-items: center;/* Safari */ display: -webkit-flex!important; -webkit-justify-content:center; -webkit-align-items: center; }