I have a big electric weighted key piano which I love but I haven't found one that I like yet for bringing to sessions. I wouldn't want the full 88 keys. Maybe 76. Is 61 too small? I don't want any fancy buttons on it either. 

Need:

1. good volume so it can be heard in a session

2. good action

3. light enough and easy to transport

Any suggestions from regular session pianists? 

Annie 

Views: 131

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

When you find one be sure to post here. I would love to find the same thing. I took my 88 key digital piano to session once. I had to use a 2 wheel dolly to carry the piano, the stand, a chair and a loong extension cord in to the pub. What a PITA!! There certainly are stage pianos of 61 keys, but they usually require a separate amplifier, have a slew of "fancy buttons" and cost a few thousand dollars.

Hey Annie, let's start a group! There are at least two of us. That's a group... isn't it?

In addition to discussions like yours, one thing I would like to see is group members uploading or embedding videos of sessions and performances with piano backup. I recently started playing piano again after a long layoff (she got the piano in the divorce) and I have been studying different styles of piano backup. 

I'll start the group. Let's see what happens.

My mate Mick Blake is a wonderful pianist... and a fine concertina-player too !!!

I have been playing piano at the local Irish Sessions more or less irregularly since 1995.  I prefer a Roland Digital Piano because it has built-in speakers and I can carry it by myself without any help.  I do have to make a second trip to the car in order to get the stand to put the keyboard on and the bag with the pedal and the adapter and the chord.  Also, it produces a halfway decent imitation of a real piano sound.  I like to jokingly refer to my Digital Piano as a "genuine imitation piano". 

Laurence

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Tradconnect Reviews.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

The title of your home page You could put your verification ID in a comment Or, in its own meta tag Or, as one of your keywords Your content is here. The verification ID will NOT be detected if you put it here. .slick-track { display: flex!important; justify-content: center; align-items: center;/* Safari */ display: -webkit-flex!important; -webkit-justify-content:center; -webkit-align-items: center; }