Around-The-World Traditional Irish Music Relay

We are in the planning stage of the World's Biggest and Longest Traditional Irish Music Session.

It has been proposed that a Marathon Session will begin and end in Ireland having spanned the globe in a series of video link-ups with sessions in as many different countries and time zones as possible for an entire weekend of continuous Trad Irish Music.

Each session around the world will have a 'live' audio/video link-up with the session from which it is taking the musical baton !!! Musicans will then play continuously for an hour before passing over (again via Audio/Visual link-up) to the next session all of the way round the world.

The event will involve thousands of Trad Musicians in scores of sessions around the world.

The details and logistics are yet to be finalised for the event but it is hoped that we will have sponsorship from the likes of RTE, Arts Councils in Ireland (and abroad!), TradConnect, LiveTrad etc. etc.

Please share your thoughts and feelings on what should be an epic musical journey!!!

Best Regards

Frank Doherty

Views: 287

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That Frank is one of the best and most ambitious ideas I have heard in a long time and will no doubt take some planning. It would be even more fantastic to stream it through Tradconnect utilizing our members here wherever possible. You could hop from Dempsey's in NY to Matt Molloy's in Wesport and on and on. Fantastic.

The biggest challenge would no doubt be the streaming part but with the technology we have now I have no doubt that could be overcome. I think it would need a charity element via Trocaire or Special Olympics, something with a global reach.

There are also lots of facilities on Tradconnect that you could use via the Groups feature etc  to build an audience to follow progress and feed in ideas.

Lets see what initial feedback you get here and we will do all we can to assist you on this brilliantly imaginative undertaking.

That sounds like a brilliant idea. The technology, musicians and venues are all in place all around the world so I doubt it would take much to set the idea in motion. Go for it!

Sounds grand!

An event that would be talked about forever after : )

If i can, in any way participate, i will!

Brilliant Idea!!

Let me know if you need help, I am in Dublin, Ireland

All the best,

Alex

Excellent Idea, would be nice to sort out the tunes in advance. As Donal mentioned the technology should not really be a huge issue nowadays and with a bit of preparation this could be a massive event. Would a link up to a charitable cause be on the cards / wise?

I have a meeting with the Culture Company in Derry on Wednesday 2nd May (the Wednesday after next) to discuss how this proposal can be implemented as part of Derry City Of Culture 2013. Watch this space!!! :-) 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

© 2020   Created by Tradconnect Reviews.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

The title of your home page You could put your verification ID in a comment Or, in its own meta tag Or, as one of your keywords Your content is here. The verification ID will NOT be detected if you put it here. .slick-track { display: flex!important; justify-content: center; align-items: center;/* Safari */ display: -webkit-flex!important; -webkit-justify-content:center; -webkit-align-items: center; }