Made these myself (so i could get them the way *I* wanted them) : )

Made from 17 - 19 thin skewers glued and taped together with self vulcanizing tape. Fitted with an O-ring you can slide up or down to adjust level of brush vs 'normal' sound.

I will try to add a sound sample soon. In the meantime, please PM me for questions.

They're €11 a piece + p/h

Cheers!

Views: 2030

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I currently like to use my Woolly ended tippers - great for tonal playing - they respond to the slightest direction or pressure change.

Other players seem to like them as well because 10 went over to Craiceann in June this year and none came back...

A couple of photos attached...

David, how do I purchase one of your wooly tippers?

Jim Wells

Dallas Slow Sessions

Hi Jim,

As with Lars I started making tippers for myself but other bodhran players kept on buying them, so I made more. Each one tends to be different.
If you email me on daviddrwm57@yahoo.co.uk I can send you some photos of tippers I have available at the moment, along with lengths, weights and prices (these will be in British Pounds and tend to be around £20 to £25 plus P&P).

As well as the Wool tippers I also make turned adjustable clicksticks, brush tippers, standard top-end tippers and kerry style double ended beaters. I also make sets of matching handled beaters/tippers in protective wraps.

Possibly arrange payment through paypal?

Couple more photos added.
Jim Wells Sr said:

David, how do I purchase one of your wooly tippers?

Jim Wells

Dallas Slow Sessions

As a true beginner, my opinions should have very low weight with everyone here - but I'll add in.  I made 3 or 4 tippers with bamboo skewers and heat shrink tubing, a la Albert Alfonso.  I like them and each one is a little different with more or less sticks.  One is just 4 larger diameter skewers that are much longer, which was based on Albert's favorite tipper he was using around 3 years ago at a Bodhran tutorial he gave.  I should mount a padded or rubber ball on the end of one of the tippers to get that soft, mallet sound.

David Robson, those tippers look great - maybe some day I can step up to some gorgeous beaters like those.  Cheers.

David, that seems to be some beatifully crafted 'schticks' :)

Thanks for contributing (that goes to all you others as well of course)

Mario - your opinions are as important as anyone elses ; )

Keep posting folks, and have a good day!

cheers

I can vouch for the quality of Davids tippers having just bought 2, very nicely made, and with a unique design. I like that idea of a matching set, very cool :-)

I am trying to get in touch with David Robson. I am interested in buying a tipper. jwest1345@yahoo.com

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Tradconnect Reviews.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

The title of your home page You could put your verification ID in a comment Or, in its own meta tag Or, as one of your keywords Your content is here. The verification ID will NOT be detected if you put it here. .slick-track { display: flex!important; justify-content: center; align-items: center;/* Safari */ display: -webkit-flex!important; -webkit-justify-content:center; -webkit-align-items: center; }