Hi,

did a search for bouzouki & was supprised when nothing came up so thought i'd start it off.

If there are any bouzouki or GDAD octave mandolin players out there it would be great to start a thread.

Brian

Plays Oakwood Bouzouki 

Views: 4524

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you so much Michael for your help. Regards, Carmel Gunning.

Hey Dhomhnaill,

54 is the gauge on my Davy Stuart ZX10 right enough. Makes for good rebar when done as pointed out by Andy...  :)

I'm starting to favour the style of Alec Finn on it now but the sound is still far richer than that of the greek bouzouki.

I use Kyser capos and Planet Waves but they're not great for quick shifts so I use the last two bars of a tune to drop out and shift up or avoid the capo altogether. I need to find a good old style elasticated one that will sit well on the neck, be easy to move and not ruin the intonation. Simple task right??

The OX10 is Davy Stuart's cittern offering.  It has a big resonant body and a short neck. I have one on order and am salivating at the thought of it...

As to strings, I only use Elixir strings these days and have a double wrapping at the machine head. I rarely break strings and get 6 months out of a set with good consistency of sound.

Hope this helps!

Mick

Okay, so maybe I'm absolutely nuts, but a afriend fo mine sent me a link for Muiderman Guitars... http://www.muidermanguitars.com/

Kevin Muiderman build 4 instruments for John Doyle including 2 guizoukis (8 & 10-string). The big B'day comes up this year so I though "Why the hell not?"

He's now building me a 10-string guizouki which I hope to have by October.

Check out the picture...

Mick

Attachments:

Wow, what a beauty!, 

I really don't think you're nuts. I'm impulsive when it comes to instruments. Although some people may think I'm nuts so, from one nut to another "I don't think you're nuts"

I sold a guitzouk on ebay last year, a Graham Mcdonald, carved top 8 string.   It sounded really nice but I'm having currently having Cittern obsessions, I'm going to inspect that Muiderman pic again......

Congratulations on the new addition to the family,

Andy

Hi another GDAd player here, I live in Ireland but play an American instrument built for me by Herb Taylor http://www.herbtaylor.com/instruments/ I've played most makers instruments but I prefer this to any other I've ever had the pleasure to play.

I play in a regular session in Co. Clare on Friday nights. Great to finally find a bouzouki discussion at last even if I am 2 years late in joining in  :)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Events

Videos

• Add Videos

Groups

© 2019   Created by Tradconnect Reviews.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

The title of your home page You could put your verification ID in a comment Or, in its own meta tag Or, as one of your keywords Your content is here. The verification ID will NOT be detected if you put it here. .slick-track { display: flex!important; justify-content: center; align-items: center;/* Safari */ display: -webkit-flex!important; -webkit-justify-content:center; -webkit-align-items: center; }