Hello lads,

I was just wondering if anyone owns or owned stagi or honer concertinas. I am thinking of getting one (I can't afford anything much dearer at the moment...) but heard mixed reviews about them. Are they that bad?

Has anyone had good/bad experiences with their starter concertinas? Any tips?

Views: 327

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Werner,

yeah I've heard Stagis can be a bit slow and the buttons tend to stick...Such a shame that there is no decent instruments for beginners. There's a gap in the market, if I was a handy man I'd start making them myself!

It seems like I'll have to try out a Stagi anyway since I'm constantly broke and can't afford the dearer ones! What type of stagi did you have yourself? I've seen there are different models with different  prices, perhaps the more expensive Stagi will have less issues?

Werner Gerloff said:

Hi Fred,

my first concertina was a Stagi. I suppose it was ok in order to try out if I was capable to learn playing concertina, to get a feeling for the system etc. However it was little fun in terms of playing musically, the buttons don’t respond equally fast and some of them need more pressure than others to react. So I found it hard to play in a rhythmical and musical way. After less than a year I had the chance to try out other concertinas (there is no other concertina player around where I live), and immediately decided to buy a better instrument. At the moment I’m playing an Edgley (bought second hand), which is really easy and fun to play even though it has accordion reeds and doesn’t have the sound of a true concertina. But it has been a good choice while I’m waiting for my Suttner.

Cheers,

Werner

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Tradconnect Reviews.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

The title of your home page You could put your verification ID in a comment Or, in its own meta tag Or, as one of your keywords Your content is here. The verification ID will NOT be detected if you put it here. .slick-track { display: flex!important; justify-content: center; align-items: center;/* Safari */ display: -webkit-flex!important; -webkit-justify-content:center; -webkit-align-items: center; }