Competition - Album Giveaway - Breanndán Ó Beaglaoich / Seana Choirce

Its album giveaway time again and this time we have a classic album to giveaway. Its part of the new Gael Linn re-issue of classic albums and it is Breanndán Ó Beaglaoich and his 1987 album Seana Choirce.  Its a great album and features the polkas and slides which are popular in his family home of Baile na bPoc on the Dingle Peninsula.

We saw Brendan recently and once thing that he is good at is tune introductions and funny stories from sessions his time in music.  
So to make the competition interesting and fun the album will go to the person with the best story, funny or otherwise from your time playing music over the years. Characters you have encountered etc. As Joe Burke says "old tunes are great but its hard to get parts for them."
Give us your best story.

Views: 252

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

While we are on the subject of funny and great introductions to a set  of tunes you will not find much better than this. Its the wonderful Arty McGlynn. A must watch. 

At a house concert in my house here in NZ a couple of years back Seamus Begley, brother of Brendan, and Jon Sanders were playing, with about 30 people present.

As they started playing, I went up to Seamus and offered him a whiskey.  Great, he said.  By the end of the first tune I noticed the glass was empty.  I offered him another one.  Great, he said. After a few more tunes I noticed the glass was empty again.  When I went up again to offer him another one.  He stopped playing and said, Bernie, for gods sake leave the bottle there, as I can see you are going to wear yourself out getting up and down.

So as you can imagine a great night was had by all, some of the greatest Polkas being played that night.

Bernie Breslin

And the winner is .......Bernie Breslin

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Tradconnect Reviews.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

The title of your home page You could put your verification ID in a comment Or, in its own meta tag Or, as one of your keywords Your content is here. The verification ID will NOT be detected if you put it here. .slick-track { display: flex!important; justify-content: center; align-items: center;/* Safari */ display: -webkit-flex!important; -webkit-justify-content:center; -webkit-align-items: center; }