Hello, I'm a 62 year old Dutchman who likes to sing unaccompanied ballads (in English)although I don't mind musicians joining in. from about 14 Nov. untill 25 Nov. I'll be staying in the Dublin area at a friends house in the North of Dublin town. My question is does any body know of any sessions in the area where they welcome singers??

looking forward to any help I can get!!

Views: 168

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You could try O'Donahue's in Merrion Row,  McDaids, or the Stags Head or just find a place in Temple Bar and busk in the street. Many of the musicians in the Temple Bar pubs are paid to perform.  Some of the pubs there have open sessions. The Cobblestone in Smithfield has sessions too. It's always to to ask the barman or waitress  so you don't spend too much time in a pub where they are averse to singing.

Thanks Ted, I'll follow your advice, but I'm not really the busking type so I better give that a miss, I was at Temple bar last year but yeah found they where mostly payed artists who didn't really want anybody else doing a solo song.

thanks again Ted, looking forward to my trip to Ireland

Ted Miller said:

You could try O'Donahue's in Merrion Row,  McDaids, or the Stags Head or just find a place in Temple Bar and busk in the street. Many of the musicians in the Temple Bar pubs are paid to perform.  Some of the pubs there have open sessions. The Cobblestone in Smithfield has sessions too. It's always to to ask the barman or waitress  so you don't spend too much time in a pub where they are averse to singing.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Tradconnect Reviews.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

The title of your home page You could put your verification ID in a comment Or, in its own meta tag Or, as one of your keywords Your content is here. The verification ID will NOT be detected if you put it here. .slick-track { display: flex!important; justify-content: center; align-items: center;/* Safari */ display: -webkit-flex!important; -webkit-justify-content:center; -webkit-align-items: center; }