I’m expecting the Ennis Trad Festival 2014 to be the 6th – 10th November, but the Tourist Information Office has been unable to get a response from the organisers to confirm the dates, or even confirm that it is happening. I have seen that The Old Ground Hotel have special offer packages for that weekend, calling them Trad Festival breaks, but before booking I’d rather have more certainty. Does anyone here have any knowledge about the festival?

Views: 1100

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Have you heard anything? I am in the same boat.

I’ve heard nothing. I have however gone ahead and booked flight and accommodation on the assumption that it will be November 6th to 10th. Based on previous years, that is when I expect it to be, and as I stated above, that is the same weekend for the special breaks advertised by the Old Ground.

As it is our main annual holiday, if the festival doesn’t take place, we’ll be disappointed but I’m sure we will have an enjoyable trip any way. I will however find it irritating if it turns out to be a different weekend! I’m keeping my fingers crossed.

If any organiser gets to read this, please take note that it would help enormously if you could just confirm as early as possible that the festival is taking place and which weekend it will be. The programme is less important as we regulars know in general what to expect and are happy with just more of the same.

I’ll post up here as soon as I hear of anything.

I sent them a message through facebook a while back, and just got this reply    

All going well, it will be 7th-9th. Thanks

I can't get there till Sunday eve. Will be staying at the Old Ground.

Thanks for the info David. Glad to hear it!

We're booked in for six nights at Templegate, and will be around all weekend.

Paul Dengate said:

Thanks for the info David. Glad to hear it!

We're booked in for six nights at Templegate, and will be around all weekend.

Paul,

I am in the same boat, Can't get any info about the festival programme. I usually head to Ennis for the Fleadh Nua every May - 9 days of great trad music.

I had an email earlier today from the Ennis Tourist Information Office confirming the dates as 6th-10th May. There have been a couple of posts in their Facebook page. New committee apparently.

New website guys: http://www.ennistradfest.com/ 

All information will be on Facebook as well.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Tradconnect Reviews.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

The title of your home page You could put your verification ID in a comment Or, in its own meta tag Or, as one of your keywords Your content is here. The verification ID will NOT be detected if you put it here. .slick-track { display: flex!important; justify-content: center; align-items: center;/* Safari */ display: -webkit-flex!important; -webkit-justify-content:center; -webkit-align-items: center; }