I could list many but for now

Kathleen Collins - Traditional Music of Ireland. Great fiddle

Arcady - Many Happy Returns

Deiseal - The Long Long Note. Best low whistle album I have heard

Views: 915

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ok mine today is more vocal oriented so I got a new album by Hayley Griffiths called Celtic Rose
An bodhran is one of my favorites! Good cd to play with. Looking forward to more......

One of my favourite albums that I never ever get sick of is "I was flyin it" by damp in the attic. P.J King, Martin Murray, Cyril O'Donoghue and Colm Murphy. Deadly stuff, cranking tunes. 

I heard a 30 second sample track of this album once on a website somewhere and I've been trying to get it ever since, but every place I've tried to order from never has it in stock.  It's been impossible to find!

Damn right!  I wish Colm would record another one.  Dermot Byrne also needs to put out a new solo album, while I'm thinking about it - and there's been talk of a Derek Hickey solo album for I don't know how long now.  Hopefully that comes off.

This one has been on loop in my car for months now!

Ah - thats a pity, maybe try get in contact with the musicians themselves? Or custys maybe Its well worth it.

The Chieftains - the best of.    

The album Steam by John williams is a super album and is more then well worth a listen to.

I would include

Banks of the Shannon - Paddy O' Brien and Seamus Connolly

Teada - Ceol agus Cuimhne

Both albums by Éamon de Buitléar agus Ceoltóirí Laighean, An Bóthar Cam and Star of Munster.  I bought these on cassette tape in 1975 and fortunately, Gael-Linn has recently re-released them on CD.  I never get tired of listening to these.  Some of the finest and most satisfying bosca ceoil ever.  The young Paddy Glackin and Mary Bergin shine through.  The harping of Aibhlín McCrann, so beautiful as to bring tears to the eyes.  

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

© 2020   Created by Tradconnect Reviews.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

The title of your home page You could put your verification ID in a comment Or, in its own meta tag Or, as one of your keywords Your content is here. The verification ID will NOT be detected if you put it here. .slick-track { display: flex!important; justify-content: center; align-items: center;/* Safari */ display: -webkit-flex!important; -webkit-justify-content:center; -webkit-align-items: center; }