Hi all,

I thought I'd take a chance and buy one of Garry's delrin flutes, at the excellent price of £230 odd. I have to say it's a beautiful instrument, extremely well made and finished, and now that I've got used to the embouchure I can make it honk!

Gary is an Irishman living in Brazil, and as far as i know comparatively new to flute-making, but if this flute is anything to go by  he's going to have a full order book!

He makes 3 different models- I went for his Pratten style, which won't be for everyone as the toneholes are very big, to give it that classic Pratten volume, but already after a couple of days I love it!

You can get his flutes from either the irishflutestore or contact him direct, you won't be disappointed.

Just to say that I have no connection with Garry at all, I just thought I'd give him a mention.

Views: 1239

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Great initiative!

It always helps deciding what to go for when you see 'reviews' online!

Cheers!

I'd appreciate a picture or two of it as well ;)

just nipping off to the shop, but I'll stick a couple of photos up when I get back!!

3 photos of the Somers flute...

Attachments:

oops... one more

need new glasses!!!

Attachments:

Looks really nice, price is a steal as well!

here's a little clip, any deficiencies are in my playing and my recording equipment....

Attachments:

That IS a steal!!

Impressive, really!

You're right Lars, I think I struck gold there!!

Well, just ordered the Gary Somers "Rudall &Rose" model....assume it will arrive sometime next week....Can't wait to lay my hands on her, on the clips I've listened so far, they sound grand. When I have some time to spare, I'll post my own review here on site. like, the Garry Somers flute in the eyes of a true beginner :-)

cheers Kees

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Tradconnect Reviews.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

The title of your home page You could put your verification ID in a comment Or, in its own meta tag Or, as one of your keywords Your content is here. The verification ID will NOT be detected if you put it here. .slick-track { display: flex!important; justify-content: center; align-items: center;/* Safari */ display: -webkit-flex!important; -webkit-justify-content:center; -webkit-align-items: center; }