Guinness world record attempt for largest tin whistle ensemble

Hi folks,
Just getting the word out about an event taking place in Ennis, Co Clare on June 21st to coincide with the Gathering.
We’re calling on all you tin whistlers out there to come on board and take part in our Guinness world record attempt for the largest Tin Whistle ensemble.

Hopefully 2000+ tin whistlers will join Lúnasa for an open air performance of the siege of Ennis Polka that will feature as a highlight to a full day of music featuring a host of traditional acts including Lúnasa, The Kilfenora Ceili Band and many more to be announced.

Check out the video infomercial and tutorial below and see ye in Ennis on the 21st !!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQuMtHpqiAQ&feature=youtube_gda...

Views: 773

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If i can i will be there! Might even bring a host of Löfgrens to sell too ;)

Lars 'Larry Mór' Mott said:

If i can i will be there! Might even bring a host of Löfgrens to sell too ;)

Hi Kevin, I will be in Ennis the day before but leaving on the 21st. Is Lunasa up to anything on the 20th?

Hi Lynn, 

Lunasa are playing in Belfast as part of the open house festival on Wednesday 19th but nothing on the 20th.

Myself and Cillian are doing a lunch time concert in the Crane in Galway on Thursday 20th as part of the GALWAY SESSIONS.

Then the big event on Friday in Ennis for the Guinness world record attempt and major music event with Lunasa, The Kilfenora, The Lost Brothers etc etc.

We will be in Galway on the 20th! I'll look for that. 

thanks Kevin, I have met you at Swannanoa.  Your doings are always the most fun.

Lynn

Kevin Crawford said:

Hi Lynn, 

Lunasa are playing in Belfast as part of the open house festival on Wednesday 19th but nothing on the 20th.

Myself and Cillian are doing a lunch time concert in the Crane in Galway on Thursday 20th as part of the GALWAY SESSIONS.

Then the big event on Friday in Ennis for the Guinness world record attempt and major music event with Lunasa, The Kilfenora, The Lost Brothers etc etc.

Hello Kevin,

I cannot be in Ennis on June 21st but I am learning the tune 'Siege of Ennis' on the tin whistle. Other whistlers here are learning the tune as well so there will be plenty of spirited support from the USA. Great tune, great idea to go for the GBR, and great players you have gathered.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Tradconnect Reviews.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

The title of your home page You could put your verification ID in a comment Or, in its own meta tag Or, as one of your keywords Your content is here. The verification ID will NOT be detected if you put it here. .slick-track { display: flex!important; justify-content: center; align-items: center;/* Safari */ display: -webkit-flex!important; -webkit-justify-content:center; -webkit-align-items: center; }