Do any of your more seasoned players have any helpful anecdotes to help me with my stage fright and shyness?

I was invited to play fiddle today at a house concert in Indiana today (solo).  There were about 30 people or so, several other musicians there demonstrating playing in various musical genres.

About halfway through my set, I started to blush, both arms began shaking. I apologized and walked away from the performance area.  I'm not really sure whether I'll be able to overcome this problem.

If anyone can lend any helpful words, I would appreciate thoughts.

Thanks!

Connie

Views: 984

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Brid,

Oh, I think that's the first time I've ever been called "mate", so thanks, that's very cool!

Yes, I've been very fortunate to see and hear the amazing legend Paddy Keenan play on several occasions here in the states, so I've already become a tremendous fan... but he hasn't ever appeared nervous - so maybe he's gotten past it?

You know, uilleann pipes make me nervous just thinking of trying to play them - so I give Paddy and all great pipe players a lot of respect and credit.  Paddy's got a tremendous level of musical skill, so what he readily accomplishes is a seemingly effortless and flowing execution! While some other great pipers sometimes seem to be in a wrestling match or a fight with the pipes - he doesn't seem like he's breaking into a sweat at all!  Making anything which requires that level of coordination LOOK EASY is a amazing talent all in itself... letting alone to have magical sound being produced at the same instance.

Sometimes, people may appear to be okay on the outside, but on the inside, maybe they are a wired bundle of nerves!?! :)

~Connie

It was recently that he was here and my friend was backing him on his tour here, he is a bundle of nerves before gigs - bad like - but yes - he is amazing and it seems effortless, but it isn't. When my friend was telling me I felt better - made him seem human! haha!

Oh yeah - re the Mate thing - I'm aussie:)

My dad played pipes - I just don't know how pipe players do it - crazy instrument! 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Events

Videos

• Add Videos

Groups

© 2019   Created by Tradconnect Reviews.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

The title of your home page You could put your verification ID in a comment Or, in its own meta tag Or, as one of your keywords Your content is here. The verification ID will NOT be detected if you put it here. .slick-track { display: flex!important; justify-content: center; align-items: center;/* Safari */ display: -webkit-flex!important; -webkit-justify-content:center; -webkit-align-items: center; }