Traditional Irish Music
Now here is a difficult question. How do you pick album of the year? We have taken a look at the album reviews that we have done since we started here on TradConnect to try and establish what might be album of the year for 2012.
We had planned to pick 10 albums or any album that had over 200 views. Some albums have already been given a helping hand by being Album of the Month already. We ended up picking 15. So based on comments that we receive to this discussion we are going to narrow it down quite a bit as we try to pick Album of the Year.
Albums that receive comments below will stay in the running and ones that don't may just drop off. It will all be a bit subjective so let see where we get to.
Top 15 Albums by views on TradConnect
1. Caitlín Nic Gabhann - Caitlin 604 views
2. Donall Donnelly - Tremolo 595 views
3. Damien Mullane - 13 414 views
4. Colm Gannon - The Rights of Man 394 views
5. We Banjo 3 - Roots of the Banjo Tree 333 views
6. Cara - Long Distance Love 291 views
7. Dónal McCague - Bits N Pieces 262 views
8. Kevin Crawford - Carrying The Tune 244 views
9. Socks In The Frying Pan 243 views
10. Karen Ryan - The Coast Road 239 views
11. Nights in Shanaglish 232 views
12. The Olllam 225 views
13. Jack Talty & Cormac Begley - Na Fir Bolg 222 views
14. MacDara Ó Raghallaígh - Ego Trip 205 views
15. Paul McGlinchey - The Boys In The Town 201 views
So keep you Album of the Year in the running for the No.1 Spot by adding your comment below.
Loved the CD by Caitlin Nic Gabhann! Not only does it have amazing playing but she also has composed some wonderful tunes. It gets my vote for top CD.
This is for the most part a difficult choice.WHAT a year for music. I have eagerly awaited Damien Mullane's album which did not disappoint,Kevin Crawford's album another brilliant album with some beautiful compositions-in particular the hula hoop reel.Caitlin's album another simply beautiful album demonstrating the bar has been raised by the new young folk.We banjo 3 are all Countymen of myself and a brilliant album,MacDara, Talty/Begley are both producing magnificent albums also-a fantastic year. I would have had some trouble voting here if i had not come across the Socks album last week. I caught the tail-end of a gig of theirs last summer in Galway and ordered the CD online. There is simply nothing around like them with their beautiful harmonies and brilliantly arranged tunes-some of them also written by the fellas. The CD is on repeat in my car and my wife bought her own copy for her own car also. We are in love with the 'Socks'. There is no better album this year or any year-these are the guys to watch!
Caitlin CD is very, very good. She has my vote!!
Caitlin by Caitlin nic gabhann is a fantastic album well deserving of album of the year.