Nice easy jig i was learning this morning by ear off this site. Try it out. Don't know how common it is. Killavil Jig 

Views: 421

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I first heard it from Dervish, it's a wonderful and haunting tune (cracks my bones when I'm playing it on the box though) :)

I like that, I;ll have to give it a go on the fiddle
This is one of my favorites. My group (after my insistence) puts it in a set between "The Great Cairn" and "Gallagher's Frolic"
Killavil Jig was one of the tunes I learned from Liz Kane at Catskills Irish Arts Week in 2009. It came up at a session in NY last night so I was happy that I could play a bit..nice jig!

i learnt this last week in the willie clancy banjo classes ... quite easy to pick up and add ornamenttion

One of the first ones I learned from my banjo teacher. It does pop up once in a while in NYC sessions...

I heard it first on a contemporary Christian album by Robin Mark. I can't remember the name of the album but the song on the album is Killavil. It's a bit faster than the above example but it is very well done and worth hearing. Blaine Chastain has a version of it on his lesson website.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2023   Created by Tradconnect Reviews.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

The title of your home page You could put your verification ID in a comment Or, in its own meta tag Or, as one of your keywords Your content is here. The verification ID will NOT be detected if you put it here. .slick-track { display: flex!important; justify-content: center; align-items: center;/* Safari */ display: -webkit-flex!important; -webkit-justify-content:center; -webkit-align-items: center; }