Anyone know of any mandolin tunes suitable for a beginer.?

Views: 415

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Allan.  If you are a complete beginner you should probably start off with some of the simpler tunes like Dawning of the day,  Kerry Polka, Munster Cloak etc working up to some easy starter jigs like The Connaughtmans Rambles, Old John's jig.  I play the fiddle and the tuning on the mandolin is the same I assume. Lets see what other suggestions you get

Thanks Tony im playing Dawning of the day, Roddy Mc corley, the keel row and humours of glendart. And a couple of others
Ill try the ones you have suggested.

Lonesome Road to Dingle (Brosna Slide), Slieve Russell, Jim Ward's, Scatter the Mud, Musical Priest, Silver Spire. Those are some of the ones I started with when I switched over to mandolin. 

Thanks David ill look them up, I am getting better slowly got a weekend workshop coming up in feb up near clithero
Hopefully that will give me another kick up bum. Need to practice more.
Thanks again for the suggestions.
Allan

Winster Gallop I found to be easy to learn and Salmon Tails down the Water plus as already mentioned, Kerry Polka and Roddy McCorley.

Thanks Alan will find the tabs for those and try them already had quick go at the tunes David suggested.
Will be a good while working through them all. Must break my bad habbit of playing most if not all
As down strokes I will find it limiting as i try to play quicker.
Thanks again
Allan c

I had the habit of playing all up stokes, I am just about getting used to going up/down, but if I'm not concentrating I slip back to the old habit.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Tradconnect Reviews.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

The title of your home page You could put your verification ID in a comment Or, in its own meta tag Or, as one of your keywords Your content is here. The verification ID will NOT be detected if you put it here. .slick-track { display: flex!important; justify-content: center; align-items: center;/* Safari */ display: -webkit-flex!important; -webkit-justify-content:center; -webkit-align-items: center; }