I'm enquiring about an old song called 'Mrs McGrath and the Professor' I can remember a couple of verses as follows, but I wonder if anyone knows the rest of the song? The verses I remember go as follows:

Now Mrs McGrath, the Professor said,

Would you like to make a doctor out of your sone Ted?

With a stethoscope and a bowler hat,

No Mrs McGrath, wouldn't you like that?

With my Tooria etc etc

Now Ted came up to the big City

To go and study Medicine at UCD

But he didn't get on too well I fear,

For he took to the women and he took to the beer,

With my Tooria etc

Views: 496

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

John. I have been waiting for the opportunity to get the music of my other great hero on here. You have just given it to me. Bruce recorded it with The Seeger Sessions Band and if you get a chance to buy the DVD of them live in Dublin take it. Fantastic. Its called Mrs McGrath and there are lots of more traditional versions on youtube

Very good Tony, but not what I was looking for. The that I am seeking is a different version, a parody, I suppose, look carefully at the words I posted above. Anyone got any ideas?

Ah well. At least I got to post Brucie.  Ill have a look and get back if i find anything.

these words are wrong check the words of the dubliners doing mrs mcgrath its different

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Tradconnect Reviews.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

The title of your home page You could put your verification ID in a comment Or, in its own meta tag Or, as one of your keywords Your content is here. The verification ID will NOT be detected if you put it here. .slick-track { display: flex!important; justify-content: center; align-items: center;/* Safari */ display: -webkit-flex!important; -webkit-justify-content:center; -webkit-align-items: center; }