Following on from previous comments, I thought it might be an idea for interested members here, to start putting forward their own suggestions for how Tony might improve this site.

As far as I can see he's made an excellent start & the only thing I'd like to see, if that were possible, is a larger "Latest Activity" section on the Home Page.

It may be OK just now, but as the membership grows so will the amount of activity & it'd be nice to get more of a feel for what's been going on, between visits, rather than having to go hunting through the Forum etc.

Cheers

Dick

Views: 170

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'd like to see a YouTube channel for TradConnect, since there are videos posted here (hi, Dick :-) and a lot of us learn new tunes and see new takes on tunes we know through videos now as well as at sessions and workshops and such. Love to see this site up and running, however. I've tended to hang around Mudcat more than TheSession b/c of the supportive atmosphere for singers over there... not that Session isn't, but they are definitely far more tune-oriented than lyrics-inclusive. It's sometimes odd to have to cobble something together by checking DigiTrad, Session AND Cantaria!

Maybe a search facility by Country/ Region in the members section might be useful? Allow one to look up others more easily.

Hi Barry, in my own Ning sites I make use of the Groups facility & it works well in bringing folks from the same country or region together.

So, for example, I could start a Northern Ireland group. which anyone living in Northern Ireland could join & so easily network with others living in this area. 

If others like this idea, perhaps Tony will consider giving us access to the Groups feature.

However, getting access to the Groups feature may of course involve additional expense, which may be beyond Tony's budget for this exercise, at the moment.

Still, it's an idea worth considering.

Cheers

Dick

Hi Guys. Yes it is indeed my intention to turn on the groups feature shortly. However I am working on how best to operate it, and also to set up a sample group that will show people the potential of it. So watch this space. Thanks for you ideas. Keep them coming.

Sounds good ..... & interesting, Tony. 8-)

I look forward to seeing it. 

Cheers

Dick

Hi,

I'd like to revive this thread and get as much feedback as possible from members on ways that they would like the site to develop, things that could be added etc. The main driver over the coming months will be to get the Groups working and develop ideas locally. This I intend to do with the Dublin Group to start with, when membership increases. Also ideas about how these local groupings could best work. I have my own ideas but would like to hear members opinions. Any smart ideas please let me have them.

Why don't you start Tony? Often great ideas spawn from good ideas if you know what i mean?

:)

Thanks for posting Dick. It is nice to see TradConnect evolving into a site that is user friendly. But I really want more members to participate in the forum. IT helps boast search engine optimization. So feedbacks that are useful is a must :)

I've posted a new idea, in the form of a Discussion:

What are your favourite Avatars / Profile Photos here?

If enough members respond to this discussion & post their favourites, it might just help to encourage others to post an image on their profile page, instead of all those boring blank blue head shots!

Cheers

Dick

Hi Tony,

On the Forum, as our discussions are becoming more involved, with more people contributing, I think it might be helpful if the Discussion Style was changed from Flat to Threaded.

This would mean that comments & replies to a particular post would then remain immediately after that post & not be lost further on down the discussion.

Cheers,

Dick

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

© 2020   Created by Tradconnect Reviews.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

The title of your home page You could put your verification ID in a comment Or, in its own meta tag Or, as one of your keywords Your content is here. The verification ID will NOT be detected if you put it here. .slick-track { display: flex!important; justify-content: center; align-items: center;/* Safari */ display: -webkit-flex!important; -webkit-justify-content:center; -webkit-align-items: center; }