I personally love Quebecois music, especially their footwork.
It's interesting to listen to bands like "La Bottine Souriante" that incorporate Irish tunes into their sets. I also like "Genticorum" - Their fiddler, pascal, is amazing and inspiring.
I admit it's somewhat off-topic, but I believe it doesn't stray away too far from ITM.

So, does anyone else here listens to this genre? Any recommendations?

Views: 218

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I like Genticorum too - have had tunes with pascal in my kitchen - was great craic! I admit, I don't know much about the genre, but I like it when I hear it! 

I'm learning a lot here tonight Ofer. Can you embed a few videos or put up a few links so I get an idea what you are referring to. Then I can tell you if I like it or not. Cheers

Sure! My favorite piece from "La Bottine Souriante" is "Reel du Forgeron".
I couldn't find any youtube for it, but I found it on Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/bottinesouriante/music/songs/reel-du-forgero... 
You'll notice that some people playing contemporary itm incorporate this reel into their sets.

And for dessert, here's "Reel Circulaire" by Genticorum. This piece gives me goosebumps 
every single time I hear it. 

Wow - brilliant! 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2022   Created by Tradconnect Reviews.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

The title of your home page You could put your verification ID in a comment Or, in its own meta tag Or, as one of your keywords Your content is here. The verification ID will NOT be detected if you put it here. .slick-track { display: flex!important; justify-content: center; align-items: center;/* Safari */ display: -webkit-flex!important; -webkit-justify-content:center; -webkit-align-items: center; }