we don't need saxophones or trumpets in irish folk/trad music thechanging face of irish music is really sad from the Dubliners clancys bothy band seamus ennis sitting in o donoughes every day playing uillean pipes telling stories singing songs in irish we now have punk irish rock trad jazz trad god help nus all is this whats happening to our great culture

Views: 492

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

you cant beat the sense of happiness and a good laugh there are other instruments we have missed for  the all britian fleadh ceoil coming up shortly musical saw square fiddle one string fiddle not to mention the spoons murder i can see the judges faces right now you cant beat the crack the cardboard box is too muck for me i will have to go on holiday if somebody decides to play that in a session

for my new record i must have saxophone trumpet cardboard box to bang on and of course the spoons i will definitely have to go on holiday

Duh! re; Rolf the Harris Ozzie bloke, that sort of news will make up for the sort of stuff that makes us want to read more postings here, right?

Rasher O'Houghlihan said:

Glad you are feeling happy Mickey. Rasher will have to take you and the bugle to a session at O'Donoghues in Merrion Row, Dublin for a Guinness next time you are in town.

Meanwhile, here is Rolf Harris with The Beatles in the sixties playing the wobble board and singing "Tie Me Kangaroo Down Sport." As you know, Rolf is now "tied down" in jail for 5 years himself for sexual assault on a little girl, his daughter's friend.

https://youtu.be/fd14NxZuvGg

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Tradconnect Reviews.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

The title of your home page You could put your verification ID in a comment Or, in its own meta tag Or, as one of your keywords Your content is here. The verification ID will NOT be detected if you put it here. .slick-track { display: flex!important; justify-content: center; align-items: center;/* Safari */ display: -webkit-flex!important; -webkit-justify-content:center; -webkit-align-items: center; }