Hello. I learned this set dance from AN IRISH TUNEBOOK - PART TWO published by Ossian Publications. It's one of my favorite set dances!

http://irish.cocolog-nifty.com/flute_concertina/2011/12/the-three-s...

My wife played a 38-key C/G Jeffries concertina and I played a 6-keyed Grinter flute in D.

Cheers,

Tomoyuki

Views: 430

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Very nice playing from you both!

Nice tune and great playing!

Cheers

Thank you for your replies! I love this set dance.

Cheers,

Tomoyuki

Very well played - and your right - its a great tune. You've made me get the whistle out and run through it again!

Hi, Mike. Thank you for your comment!

Hi Tomoyuki, nice playing and a nice tune too.

I am wondering if you and your wife visited Co. Clare a few years ago as I remember playing with a flute player in a session in Kilrush and I'm sure I remember being told his wife was playing the concertina in another session up the street - maybe at Éigse Mrs Crotty festival?? Was that you?

If not, it doesn't matter - your playing is lovely and you have a nice website too (just saw it briefly).

Áine

Hi, Aine. Thank you for your kind comment. My wife and I visited Co. Clare in 2003. So, I think I'm not the flute player you met a few years ago. We want to visit Co. Clare again in the future!

Tomoyuki 

Tomoyuki, I must be getting old -  when a 'few' years can turn out to be nine!! Yes, I think it was that long ago! Nice to meet again.

Your wife probably remembers concertina player Tom Carey who unfortunately passed away a couple of years ago? He was very much a part of the concertina festival and a wonderful character who we miss greatly. Did you become a member of the flute group here on Tradconnect? Will talk again soon.

Hi, Aine. Thank you for your reply. Of course, I'm a member of the flute group here.

I guess I've never been to Kilrush. My wife and I joined a session in Feakle when we went to Co. Clare in 2003. Anyway, nice to meet you here!

Tomoyuki

Hi, Ben. Thank you for your comment. Because I used to play this tune for old-style step dancers, I guess I tend to play it a little faster. I will try to play it more slowly and swing it some time.

Tomoyuki

Hi again Tomoyuki, thanks for the clearing that up for me. 

This tune is also a favourite of mine and many years ago I recorded it myself with a step-dancer dancing along with the tune - it really gave me a feel for the rhythm and whenever I play it now (not very often I must admit!) I can hear the steps in my head. You play it very nicely.

Áine

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Tradconnect Reviews.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

The title of your home page You could put your verification ID in a comment Or, in its own meta tag Or, as one of your keywords Your content is here. The verification ID will NOT be detected if you put it here. .slick-track { display: flex!important; justify-content: center; align-items: center;/* Safari */ display: -webkit-flex!important; -webkit-justify-content:center; -webkit-align-items: center; }