Working from home has only enhanced my appreciation that #MurphyRoche Irish Music School in the Chicago area is holding a virtual #MidwestFleadh. I have really found singing old songs of comfort during these uncertain times when while grateful for my health, I do feel the wear of isolation.

It did get me thinking on a deeper level about technology's impact on traditional music.

I have valued the opportunity to hear native singers simply by punching a name or song or region. But, I have also found that there are also many recordings that I have since learned are trad inspired. 

My computer is almost like a Ouija board. I can summon all the good spirits I want, but you open the door to the bad ones too.

So, is it a God given or innate ability to recognize the difference?

Can you only be born to sing trad? You either have it or you don't? And no practice will give you the gift.

Views: 47

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

well, I'll reply to myself, you do you!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Tradconnect Reviews.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

The title of your home page You could put your verification ID in a comment Or, in its own meta tag Or, as one of your keywords Your content is here. The verification ID will NOT be detected if you put it here. .slick-track { display: flex!important; justify-content: center; align-items: center;/* Safari */ display: -webkit-flex!important; -webkit-justify-content:center; -webkit-align-items: center; }