Hi everyone

I want to identify the top traditional radio programmes in Ireland so we can send them promo copies of our new CD (Shantalla) and any suggestions or help appreciated. 

Specifically, I'm looking for:

• The station
  • The presenter
  • Any thoughts on the quality of the programme

I'm familiar with the work of people such as Aine Hennesy on national radio and those on Shannonside Northern Sound such as: Martin Donohoe, Paddy Ryan and Charlie McGettigan ; and Tommy and Colum Sands up North.

Any other recommendations most welcome...

Thanks in advance

Gerry

Views: 289

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Gerry, have you tried:

Neansai not Choisdealbha: RTE ~ Peak Music from the Beanna

Cheers,

Dick

Ceilihouse on RTE Radio 1 is an obvious choice       http://www.rte.ie/radio1/ceilihouse/

Seamus Duffy on Mid West has a good following, if he still does the show. Check it out first though. http://www.midwestradio.ie/mwr/sunday.html

Thanks Tony. Had forgotten about Ceili House although some of our stuff might not make it past the trad police! Kieran was quite progressive in his day with Stockton's Wing so who knows.

Thanks for the Seamus Duffy reference. Will check that out.

Gerry

Here's a tip for you if you are interested in gaining some listeners in Nova Scotia.
I've recently listened to Paul E.Davis of Evanston, Nova Scotia, Canada who is a member of TradConnect.  He keeps an archive of his broadcasts online.
He puts out a nice program. I'm unsure of his formats.  Maybe he would consider broadcasting your band.
If you are interested, please look him up under 'members' and send him a personal message.
Thanks Connie... Will connect with him. We had a big following in North America in the 90s so who knows who remembers us.

Hi Dick

Thanks for this...

Dick Glasgow said:

Gerry, have you tried:

Neansai not Choisdealbha: RTE ~ Peak Music from the Beanna

Cheers,

Dick

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Tradconnect Reviews.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

The title of your home page You could put your verification ID in a comment Or, in its own meta tag Or, as one of your keywords Your content is here. The verification ID will NOT be detected if you put it here. .slick-track { display: flex!important; justify-content: center; align-items: center;/* Safari */ display: -webkit-flex!important; -webkit-justify-content:center; -webkit-align-items: center; }