I'd love to hear this song done right. Any interest, here's a link: 

http://www.scribd.com/doc/186574599/Water-Song

Let me know if you can do anything with it or want some more lyrics.

Thanks,

Harris

harristob@gmail.com

Views: 435

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Great lyrics. Would love to hear a bunch of submissions by TC musicians. Cheers,

Danny

Hi Harris,

Nice lyrics you wrote, I think I could do something with that. What did you have in mind when you wrote them, a Waltz tune ? I mean, a little metre-check gave me the impression it's a waltz kind of thingy :-)

I'll get back to you on this one,

cheers, Kees

Hi Kees--

I'm not a musician myself so I write to the band in my head. I heard a rousing, jolly song sung by a bunch of inebriated men in a pub somewhere. I need to leave it to you musicians to work out the details. I hop you give it a whirl. Please let me know when you have something.

Harris

Kees Knegt said:

Hi Harris,

Nice lyrics you wrote, I think I could do something with that. What did you have in mind when you wrote them, a Waltz tune ? I mean, a little metre-check gave me the impression it's a waltz kind of thingy :-)

I'll get back to you on this one,

cheers, Kees

Hey Kees, I'm glad you responded to this discussion. I was going to contact you to do so. Hey Harris,....if you don't know Kees, you soon will. Check out his Balladeer Group ( in All Groups). You can bring your own beer, or drink what they have. Cheers to you both.

Danny

Hi Harris,

This what you had in mind ?

https://soundcloud.com/kees-knegt/water-song

It felt about right to make it a Waltzy-ballad kind of thing....This is just a quick try, un-edited, so it don't sound like much, but with some mastering and polishing the the melody, and adding some whistle it may turn out quite nice I think....

cheers, Kees

Hi kees--

You nailed it. That's the way I heard it. I hear a couple of spots that could use a bit of polishing but that's how I heard it. Well done. Now what?

Now what.....Well, I think I have to do some adjusting to the melody line, and when I think I"ve got it about right, I could send the mp3 to Dulahan, since I read they're  interested as well, to add some guitar and fiddle to it, where I could some whistle to it....it's all about sending around a lot of emails, and glueing all the recorded pieces together, to make it one tune....done that before with a song of mine, the Quiet Waters, where I recorded the vocals, and Dulahan kindly recorded the instrumentals, which they mailed me back, put all the tracks together and ready it is :-)

Have a listen on my page to the Quiet waters, track Nr8 in my playlist, so you may have an idea about the final result we could obtain....

anyway, cheers for now, and talk soon :-) bytheway, keep an eye on your chatbox, bottom right, been calling you there, but you didn't respond, chatting makes life easier :-)

bya, Kees

Hey Harris!!! Hey Kees!!! This is exciting!!! I'm going to pull Kees' version of the Water Song into my Portastudio and accompany him with guitar, bouzouki and vocal harmony (hope that's OK???). I may attempt the same thing with Joe & Adele's version,....then post them both on Soundcloud. Hopefully, within the next few days. Kinda busy right now preparing for my move to Cape Cod, Mass. See what you started, Harris (I hope your grinning from ear to ear!!!)??? Cheers for now,

Danny

It's all fine with me, Danny. Happy to be part of it.

Harris

Dhomhnaill A. Lopez said:

Hey Harris!!! Hey Kees!!! This is exciting!!! I'm going to pull Kees' version of the Water Song into my Portastudio and accompany him with guitar, bouzouki and vocal harmony (hope that's OK???). I may attempt the same thing with Joe & Adele's version,....then post them both on Soundcloud. Hopefully, within the next few days. Kinda busy right now preparing for my move to Cape Cod, Mass. See what you started, Harris (I hope your grinning from ear to ear!!!)??? Cheers for now,

Danny

Hey Danny
Better wait till I have done a 'real' take on it...this is just a raw recording to 'save' the idea I had...But if you wanna do a tryout with this version, that's fine by me. Only, with a good vocal recording, the result will be more satisfying I think....
cheers, Kees

Hey Kees. Let me know when your "real take" is ready. I'll try to keep an eye out for it. In the meantime I'll practice/work on what you've already posted.

Hey Harris. Got anymore lyrics??? This is proving to be alot of fun. Collaboration is good for the soul!!!

Cheers, guys.

Danny

Hi Danny--

I'd love to send you some lyrics. I'll need to email you directly for that. Send me an email at: harristob@gmail.com and we'll see what develops.

harris

Dhomhnaill A. Lopez said:

Hey Kees. Let me know when your "real take" is ready. I'll try to keep an eye out for it. In the meantime I'll practice/work on what you've already posted.

Hey Harris. Got anymore lyrics??? This is proving to be alot of fun. Collaboration is good for the soul!!!

Cheers, guys.

Danny

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

© 2020   Created by Tradconnect Reviews.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

The title of your home page You could put your verification ID in a comment Or, in its own meta tag Or, as one of your keywords Your content is here. The verification ID will NOT be detected if you put it here. .slick-track { display: flex!important; justify-content: center; align-items: center;/* Safari */ display: -webkit-flex!important; -webkit-justify-content:center; -webkit-align-items: center; }