Started teaching a good friend the fiddle and wondering if anyone has any suggestions for tunes to start on. I've started with the very basic e.g. twinkle twinkle etc but from then on..... maybe the Kerry polka's, my darling asleep....

Views: 996

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have a site and here's a page on it I hope might help someone just new to Irish Music,, more for the  Fiddle..

jim,,,

Learning Irish Music

Hey Jim, the misty quality in that last video, makes it look like a scene from that scary movie:

.. The Blair Witch Project!  :-)

But seriously, good job Sir!

Cheers,

Dick

LOL - Dick

I have no idea what I am doing on those Youtube video's, Not a Stevie  Spielberg thats for sure... : )

But if you think that's scary, here's a pic of me my friend's call Dracula - lol.

jim,,,

Hey Jim, your right, that is scary .... it even looks like BLOOD is running out of your Fiddle!

I am a whistle player who wanted to learn the fiddle.  It's very important to get in a key that will be simpler on the fiddle.  D, G, or A are all good starts.  I have learned to play the following songs--Conntamen's (sorry for the spelling) Rambles, The Parting Glass (in G), The Ash Grove (in D), John Ryan's Polka (in D).  Munster Cloak (I forget the key...starting with D) O'Keefe's Slide....slower songs are better...no pressure to go faster...although the Devil's Dream in A--a good one for string crossing.  I'm one year into the fiddle and can FINALLY get the bowing on that one!!!  Good luck and keep us posted!! 

Nancy

Yes Dick -

The guys in the Band gave me a red lead so as I did  not get Lost - lol...

jim,,,

I thought that was a blood vessel.. :o)

Jim McAuley said:

Yes Dick -

The guys in the Band gave me a red lead so as I did  not get Lost - lol...

jim,,,

Jim: I had no idea you could look that scary.

I almost fell down my chair laughing

No Sabrina -

This is more the real Me ! -- lol..

jim,,,

Well jim, you as old St Nick is even scarier than the count...lol, Love your site by the way

Barry -

Your thinking of the film,,,  IT 

lol--

jim,,,

Barry Nelson said:

Well jim, you as old St Nick is even scarier than the count...lol, Love your site by the way
the leg of the duck,spancil hill,brithes full of stiches and dawning of the day were the first tunes I learnt and they were  farely easy

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2021   Created by Tradconnect Reviews.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

The title of your home page You could put your verification ID in a comment Or, in its own meta tag Or, as one of your keywords Your content is here. The verification ID will NOT be detected if you put it here. .slick-track { display: flex!important; justify-content: center; align-items: center;/* Safari */ display: -webkit-flex!important; -webkit-justify-content:center; -webkit-align-items: center; }