Started teaching a good friend the fiddle and wondering if anyone has any suggestions for tunes to start on. I've started with the very basic e.g. twinkle twinkle etc but from then on..... maybe the Kerry polka's, my darling asleep....

Views: 899

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

o'conners polka, lucy farr's barndance, kerry polka/john egan's polka, britches full of stitches, maggie in the woods, saddle thepony, the 3 flowers, roddy mccorley, boys of blue hill, swallowstail .... im 14 my brothers and sisters are learning fiddle mandolin and concertina and play these ... i play banjo and fiddle but hav being learning longer and play in an orchestra too.. would recommend some classical training for anyone starting out because it builds a good foundation for the bow arm , tuning and finger and wrist positions and is good for developing your ear, it is also good to learn to read music :) 
Thanks everyone, there all really good tunes and good ideas :) I have my work cut out for me!!

Hi do you have some suggestions for mandolin?

Della McGuinness said:

o'conners polka, lucy farr's barndance, kerry polka/john egan's polka, britches full of stitches, maggie in the woods, saddle thepony, the 3 flowers, roddy mccorley, boys of blue hill, swallowstail .... im 14 my brothers and sisters are learning fiddle mandolin and concertina and play these ... i play banjo and fiddle but hav being learning longer and play in an orchestra too.. would recommend some classical training for anyone starting out because it builds a good foundation for the bow arm , tuning and finger and wrist positions and is good for developing your ear, it is also good to learn to read music :) 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Tradconnect Reviews.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

The title of your home page You could put your verification ID in a comment Or, in its own meta tag Or, as one of your keywords Your content is here. The verification ID will NOT be detected if you put it here. .slick-track { display: flex!important; justify-content: center; align-items: center;/* Safari */ display: -webkit-flex!important; -webkit-justify-content:center; -webkit-align-items: center; }