UP-TO-DATE Session Listings the Key to Tradconnect's Potential Success

It seems to me that the success of this website will hinge on its ability to provide a service to those who wish to know what sessions are on, where & when they are on, what they are like, etc. Established websites like the thesession.org provide this service BUT the information is often YEARS out of date and listed sessions often no longer exist.

The challenge here is to provide CURRENT and UP-TO-DATE info on sessions.

I wish the website every success!!!

*S*

Views: 158

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

hi alan. peter curtin www.roadsidetavern.ie lisdoonvarna. musicians weekend gathering weekend fri 3rd sat 4th sun 5th february. not advertised, just word of mouth. sleepzoone hostel open free grub pints burren microbrew beers @ 2.500euro a pint  word of mouth spreading the word rgds peter curtin 087 8300069

Hi Alan,

Here's a suggestion:

I've been posting on Ohio TradConnect webpages all session information from Ohio and Northern Kentucky. Members are also welcome to POST and EDIT information here too.  That way, when someone is travelling through the midwest U.S. they know when and where to find a session, or how to contact one of our members :)!

Just a thought!

~Connie

I agree Alan, both with the need for a good up to date database of sessions & details of location & standard of play ( ie suitable for intermediate, welcoming etc) & the fact that it is going to be a challenge. Because of the relative newness of the site everything is up to date but in years to come (I hope this site is going many years from now) this is going to get more & more difficult as sessions & indeed the very pubs they are held, fall by the wayside.
I like Connies idea that the list is editable (must be some way to prevent abuse)

Idea for the future Tony?, how about an GPS based app which will automatically provide details of sessions nearby - never leave home without your instrument again!

Hmmm, may need to consider something smaller than the bouzouki, is the comb & tissue paper still popular?!!

Whatever the future holds, I applaud the efforts of this site & hope that I can contribute, just wish I was a programmer/app designer instead of an optician.

Hi Brian

This is indeed a challenge. However read this discussion first

http://tradconnect.com/forum/topics/connecting-musicians-across-the...

There is no clear solution to this and there is no guarantee that it will work. All we have are ideas that we have to follow, and in the following of them, even if they are not 100% correct in their structure , they can lead to a solution.

The basis of connecting people is structured around the Groups which can act as a register of musicians in a specific area. So say in 3 years time the Sligo group has 150 members. All of those members will be able to message the Sligo group and ask them to check the Sligo session listings and comment on any new or old sessions. All you will need is a few active members in the Sligo group to take an interest. Its early days yet because TradConnect is new and is not showing up in the google rankings. We are getting there. This same theory can apply for Ohio, New York or anywhere in the world.

Will it work? I think so. Thats why I want to get groups formed for every county, even if there is little activity in them. That will come.

So the more we can get the word out about TradConnect the more members, the more groups that form and the more that we can connect people. I must be mad trying this but what the hey.

With regard to aps and google maps etc there is lots that can be done but that is for another day. You could in fact have a google map that shows where there is a congregation of mobiles belonging to trad musicians. So on a Saturday night you would see bunches of 10 and 15 mobiles all over the city, focused around the pub they are attending. How cool would that be. Some privacy issues no doubt to be considered.

Hi Tony,
I genuinely believe your objectives are already being met & will continue to improve. My post was a bit of a lament at arriving at a session listed @ the session.org whilst in Co donegal only to find there wasnt even a pub there any more!
Would like to say that I now enjoy regular sessions & have met some wonderful people thanks to you & your site & no small amount of help from fellow member Dick Glasgow. Dick has listed the Crosskeys s sessions in the County Antrim group. Perhaps we should have a thread listing similar tales of this site's successes?
Although I am in the Co Antrim group I am from Magherafelt/Castledawson in Co Derry & I would certainly be keen to start a Derry Group if you feel it would be a good idea. Like my playing, I worry about my limitations in doing so to best effect, as I do tend to dip in & out of the site depending on how busy life is.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Tradconnect Reviews.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

The title of your home page You could put your verification ID in a comment Or, in its own meta tag Or, as one of your keywords Your content is here. The verification ID will NOT be detected if you put it here. .slick-track { display: flex!important; justify-content: center; align-items: center;/* Safari */ display: -webkit-flex!important; -webkit-justify-content:center; -webkit-align-items: center; }