Can anyone advise on the best way of uploading sound files onto this site from your computer. A member has asked and I'm struggling to give the best advise.

Views: 265

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Connie...I double-clicked on your attachment and it opened a player and played the file well. Since by default, it did not open the file within my i-tunes or windows player, it did not provide me with an easy opportunity for copying or otherwise "moving the file" readily. I am certain that an IT guru (my son is such a person - software engineering major)  may be able to find a work-around, but an average bloke, such as yours truly, it would take some doing....at least from this particular attachment.

Connie Rae Crone said:

It would be great to start a catalogued repository of .mp3s.  Has anyone tried using the media attachment icon or the 'attach files (5mb limit) on this page?  I've attached a file to see what happens... please let me know. 

You might like to check out how Tomoyuki posted two sound files in a post, on my Flat Flutes in Sessions discussion.

Perhaps Sound Cloud is the way to go?

Cheers,

Dick

That's kind of my idea as well, let others do the hosting and you'll save space and bandwidth.

I'd like to point you to Dropbox I use it and find it an excellent tool to keep files updated on all my computers + the possibility to create a public folder from which you can link files, like this: The bunch of keys

Drop me a message and i will invite you to Dropbox, that way we will both get bonus space :)

I use FTP (WS_FTP in my case) to upload several or single files to my sites. Sometimes there's a way to do that within de site (as admin) but usually that's limited to single file upload only. With FTP you can upload as many files as you like in one batch.

Furthermore there usually is need for a player of sorts. These can be downloaded from the open source domain and consist of some base files / scripts that can be put under the hosted domain URl and a piece of code that is put into the page (code) at the appropriate spot with added reference to the base files and the mp3 file to be played by it.

Regarding the rights to put anything on your site... Here in The Netherlands we now are allowed to put YouTubes within pages since our BUMA/STEMRA (institute that looks after artist's rights and royalties) struck a deal with YouTube. 

But I agree that putting other people's work on your site - mostly using it for your own benefit - degrades sales by the original artist - and you know the percentage per CD isn't that great if you are with a record company or sell online.

Regarding editing/converting a file:

I use www.AVS4you.com for allmost all the audio and video edits. Once you subscribe for a year all apps are available to you.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2022   Created by Tradconnect Reviews.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

The title of your home page You could put your verification ID in a comment Or, in its own meta tag Or, as one of your keywords Your content is here. The verification ID will NOT be detected if you put it here. .slick-track { display: flex!important; justify-content: center; align-items: center;/* Safari */ display: -webkit-flex!important; -webkit-justify-content:center; -webkit-align-items: center; }