I wonder what members warm up routine is like. I don't know about you but I frequently listen to a number of video clips which really set the mood especially the attached by John Carty. So whats your warm up routine. Any gems of wisdom for the members

Views: 68

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Tony, that's an interesting and timely question for me as I have been working on a warm up routine for my practice sessions.  I find my practice is more effective, and I am more pleased with my playing, when warming up properly.  As a point of reference, I once had the opportunity to volunteer for a fundraising event which featured an accomplished concert pianist.  During the pre-concert setup activities, I observed him doing a 45 minute warmup routine that by itself was worth the price of admission, a routine that obviously was years, decades in the development.  So I was thus inspired to try to workup a much more condensed 3-5 minute routine starting with slow church tones, finger exercises with scales and intervals, and finishing with an exercise using ornamentation.  while it requires some discipline to do so, sticking to a more formal warmup (as opposed to jumping right into a difficult reel at tempo) has greatly increased the effectiveness and enjoyment of my practice time.  There isn't always the time or privacy at sessions and performances to warm up so thoroughly, but again, the routine practice of warm up drills at home, has also helped my ability to quickly get up "to speed" or to "get in the zone" at sessions.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2022   Created by Tradconnect Reviews.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

The title of your home page You could put your verification ID in a comment Or, in its own meta tag Or, as one of your keywords Your content is here. The verification ID will NOT be detected if you put it here. .slick-track { display: flex!important; justify-content: center; align-items: center;/* Safari */ display: -webkit-flex!important; -webkit-justify-content:center; -webkit-align-items: center; }