For fun, I thought we might start a list, to see which are the most popular makes & models of Tenor Banjo, to be owned & played, amongst our members here.

As you post your replies, I'll add the name of the Banjo or Banjos you play & also your name to our list below.

Cheers,

Dick

Astor: 1

Clareen: 3

Epiphone: 2

Framus: 9

Gibson: 5

Gold Tone: 3

Lange: 1

Ludwig: 3

Ozark: 1

Orpheum: 1

Paragon: 2

Paramount: 2

Poulsen: 1

Vega: 4

Majestic: 1

Majestic: 1

Dave Boyle: 1

Members who have contributed to this list:

Dick Glasgow

Brian Clancy

Michael Walls

Patrick Mansson

Keith Whidden

Niklas Hakansson

Conor Daly

Paul Gitlitz

Bruce Evans

Ciaran Ferrie

James Donoghue

Harry Faulkner

Chris Black

Chris Hasty

Brywn Scot Martin

David Dean Agee

Anders Houlberg-Neilsen

JT

Patrick Foose

Alan Mount

Lars 'Larry Mor' Mott

Wes Merchant

Paul Desmond

Gary Hoffman

Anne Wright

Paul Desmond

Francis Strong

Kevin Walsh

John McDonald

Views: 5141

Replies to This Discussion

I've got a 1926 Gibson TB4, that used to be a PB3 (bought 13 years ago)...  I got a 1926 TB4 neck put on it 3 years ago, after having been fed up with the stretch to the high B..

Chris

The necks are available since the cool old trap door models like mine are being snapped up and converted to 5 strings.

I used to have a Triple X which was a fantastic sounding instrument with an extremely cool and unique tone ring which sat on a series of bronze tubes that were bored through the wood rim. Sadly after I took it to a shop to replace the original skin head, My car was broken into and the banjo stolen along with it's custom flight case.

Thanks Chris.

Ludwig Bellevue neck on custom body, almost as deep as a Trujo with a similar resonator flange.

Gibson tb 2-3, homemade chunk, paramount A

I play a Paramount William B. Lange Style B

Just Poulsen Unique nr. 4 (Danish build)

It is not just a Poulsen it is a "Just Poulsen Unique No. 4"

"Just" is a surname ;)  

Ludwig Kingston.

wat do ye think is the best make of banjo :D. i can see the arguments comin now

Brian, that's an easy question to answer, for just as there can never be a Best Banjo Player, nor can there ever be a Best Banjo, simply because of individual & personal taste.

Cheers,

Dick

Still tink dave boyle is de best

RSS

© 2020   Created by Tradconnect Reviews.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

The title of your home page You could put your verification ID in a comment Or, in its own meta tag Or, as one of your keywords Your content is here. The verification ID will NOT be detected if you put it here. .slick-track { display: flex!important; justify-content: center; align-items: center;/* Safari */ display: -webkit-flex!important; -webkit-justify-content:center; -webkit-align-items: center; }