As this website becomes more & more international, it becomes increasingly obvious that we are all living in completely different environments, time zones, climate regions, hemispheres, etc etc.

So I thought it might be fun if we each posted a photo of the view we have from our window, as we sit at home playing our Irish Music.

My own view is a fairly typical one of Irish countryside, with fields of green grass, hedges & hills. However, I have no doubt that others may well look out on rather different scenery.

So here's the challange, all you need to do is post a photo of your favourite view, from the window in your house which you site next to, or near, when you are playing your Irish Music. Let's see just how varied our landscapes really are. I've every confidence we'll end up with some gorgeous views of Tundra, Ice Wilderness, City, Village, Mighty Forests, Sea Cliffs, Deserts etc etc

N.B. Obviously, one should take great care when posting any photo here, that it doesn't reveal your exact location, so younger members may be excused from this exercise, unless they are 100% confident that their view could not possibly be traced.

Anyway, to kick the whole thing off, here's the view from my back window, up here on the Causeway Coast of North Antrim. Not very spectacular I know, but let's keep them coming & .... prepare to be dazzled! 8-)

Back Window:

Side  Window: with the Sperrins on the horizon.

Cheers,

Dick

Views: 1796

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Fun idea! Though my view isn't that thrilling. I am glad i don't have to look at concrete asphalt right outside..

Good man Lars, thanks for mucking in. Great start!

That's a lovely relaxing view you have there & I've no doubt the colours of the leaves will change with the seasons, so it'll be far from a static view.

Cheers,

Dick

Your full of good ideas Dick.

This will partly count. For the summer months we move to a summer mobile home site near Ballymoney in Co.Wexford.This is a view of our beach, literally 1 minute from our front door. Swim every morning and evening. Not music played but a good way to recharge the old batteries. Much more interesting than the row of semi-d's in Dublin.

Nice one Tony, thanks.

Funny things is, I live just a few miles from Ballymoney myself .... the one in Co. Antrim! ;-)

Cheers,

Dick
This is my backyard, we love to sit outback overlooking the river and jam...its also a great fishing hole. Cumberland River,Tennessee
Looks like a great place to have a few tunes, chill and generally recharge the ol' batteries, Barry : )

Thanks for the great photo Barry & hey, if you couldn't relax with that view, you surely couldn't relax anywhere.

By the way, can you swim & if so, are there any Crocs in Tennessee? ;-)

Cheers,

Dick

Susanne: That could also work for some chillaxing and tunes : )

Thank you all for your great pics!

Guess mine could be some kind of contrast, and think it's quite interesting: I also like some trad music in the narrow definition of the word, but I'm active meself in Irish Rebel and Celtic Punk - somebody very sensitive might have told that by just looking out of me windie, aye?

Thanks for the photos Susi.

Nice tranquil scene, ideal for playing music.

By the way, is that black box a speaker, so that you can broadcast your playing, for your neighbours? ;-)

Cheers,

Dick

Thanks for the photos Susi.

Nice tranquil scene, ideal for playing music.

By the way, is that black box a speaker, so that you can broadcast your playing, for your neighbours? ;-)

Thanks Aoife,

I was beginning to think everyone here had a large garden! ;-)

I wonder, do you have a balcony too, like the folks across the road?

Cheers,

Dick

Here's a view from the same window as before. They gather round to hear some trad. music in the evenings ; )

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Tradconnect Reviews.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

The title of your home page You could put your verification ID in a comment Or, in its own meta tag Or, as one of your keywords Your content is here. The verification ID will NOT be detected if you put it here. .slick-track { display: flex!important; justify-content: center; align-items: center;/* Safari */ display: -webkit-flex!important; -webkit-justify-content:center; -webkit-align-items: center; }