As this website becomes more & more international, it becomes increasingly obvious that we are all living in completely different environments, time zones, climate regions, hemispheres, etc etc.

So I thought it might be fun if we each posted a photo of the view we have from our window, as we sit at home playing our Irish Music.

My own view is a fairly typical one of Irish countryside, with fields of green grass, hedges & hills. However, I have no doubt that others may well look out on rather different scenery.

So here's the challange, all you need to do is post a photo of your favourite view, from the window in your house which you site next to, or near, when you are playing your Irish Music. Let's see just how varied our landscapes really are. I've every confidence we'll end up with some gorgeous views of Tundra, Ice Wilderness, City, Village, Mighty Forests, Sea Cliffs, Deserts etc etc

N.B. Obviously, one should take great care when posting any photo here, that it doesn't reveal your exact location, so younger members may be excused from this exercise, unless they are 100% confident that their view could not possibly be traced.

Anyway, to kick the whole thing off, here's the view from my back window, up here on the Causeway Coast of North Antrim. Not very spectacular I know, but let's keep them coming & .... prepare to be dazzled! 8-)

Back Window:

Side  Window: with the Sperrins on the horizon.

Cheers,

Dick

Views: 1709

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

ok just to get the hang of it :-)
or if you like old-time (American) tunes, there's "Little Rabbit" (little rabbit where's your mammy, repeat 3 more times)

Dick Glasgow said:

Hey, the ideal view for playing tunes like: The Bunny's Hat, The Rabbit, Battle With The Dust Bunny King.

Also Battle With The Dust Bunny King, The Rabbit In The Field, Rabbit On The Deathslide, but, for the sake of your lawn I wouldn't play The Rabbit's Burrow & probably best not to even think about playing Catching Rabbits, Myxamatosis or Rabbit Stew!

Cheers,

Dick

Ahhh Barry, that looks like the Green, Green Grass of Home! :-)

Will, I'm just wondering what all those stones are doing on top of those Roof Tiles?

Cheers,

Dick

Keeping them down,Most  the tiles were hand made over the knee/thigh , very fragile now after 100 odd yrs! Its traditional, most old style tiled roof have rocks to keep them in place!but those are new machine made tiles in view
Here's the view outside my breakfast nook, where I practice and look out. This was last spring but it's always good. City, of course... no vistas here.
Attachments:

where is this, Will?

Will Beavan said:

Will Beavan said:

Aye, I cycle them. 3,1/2-4 hours in 1st gear Up up up  1/2 hour down the other side. phew...mind you i havent done it recently! :-)[ I think the problems ive been having are browzer issues.. I use firefox but edit doesnt work while it does in IE] edit... hmm, now 'edit' does work ? stranger and stranger double edit.. ok thanks... got it!

BarryD said:

That's some view Will, them is Mountains!! You must be fit!

I think you use the 'Image' button in the toolbar above and browse to the image.

I suppose that's why this place is sometimes called the Emerald Isle :)

My guess on Will's hills are Pyrenees? Maybe lower Alps or some of the Spanish mtns. like Picos de Europa??!! Could be wrong continent altogether!

Dick Glasgow said:

Ahhh Barry, that looks like the Green, Green Grass of Home! :-)
La Gomera, a short ferry ride from Tennerife, Islas Canarias
Luck you Kathy. I just love Trees, but sadly we have very few trees up here, 500' up on a this hillside, just fields, bushes ... & sheep. Cheers, Dick

Hi Dick,

I'm on hols at the moment so sorry for the slow reply. Just posting here again to see where my response ends up, and why there may be a problem with this thread.

Wow, such great places!  Here's my front yard from my living room window.  That's a turkey across the lawn.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Tradconnect Reviews.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

The title of your home page You could put your verification ID in a comment Or, in its own meta tag Or, as one of your keywords Your content is here. The verification ID will NOT be detected if you put it here. .slick-track { display: flex!important; justify-content: center; align-items: center;/* Safari */ display: -webkit-flex!important; -webkit-justify-content:center; -webkit-align-items: center; }