As this website becomes more & more international, it becomes increasingly obvious that we are all living in completely different environments, time zones, climate regions, hemispheres, etc etc.

So I thought it might be fun if we each posted a photo of the view we have from our window, as we sit at home playing our Irish Music.

My own view is a fairly typical one of Irish countryside, with fields of green grass, hedges & hills. However, I have no doubt that others may well look out on rather different scenery.

So here's the challange, all you need to do is post a photo of your favourite view, from the window in your house which you site next to, or near, when you are playing your Irish Music. Let's see just how varied our landscapes really are. I've every confidence we'll end up with some gorgeous views of Tundra, Ice Wilderness, City, Village, Mighty Forests, Sea Cliffs, Deserts etc etc

N.B. Obviously, one should take great care when posting any photo here, that it doesn't reveal your exact location, so younger members may be excused from this exercise, unless they are 100% confident that their view could not possibly be traced.

Anyway, to kick the whole thing off, here's the view from my back window, up here on the Causeway Coast of North Antrim. Not very spectacular I know, but let's keep them coming & .... prepare to be dazzled! 8-)

Back Window:

Side  Window: with the Sperrins on the horizon.

Cheers,

Dick

Views: 1805

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wait til a female American photographer turns up in Ballymoney looking to photograph fiddle players for some American magazine. You might end up sharing one of those great Ulster fry ups !!!!
Hey Tony, Ballymoney is know locally as Cow Town not Cowboy town!

8-)

This is the one on my road in the winter.

We have a Cowtown Rodeo in New Jersey, but I think that's a little different ;o)

http://www.cowtownrodeo.com/

Dick Glasgow said:

Hey Tony, Ballymoney is know locally as Cow Town not Cowboy town!

8-)

Kathy S said:

"This is the one on my road in the winter."

WOW! That looks great!

The green groves of Hovshaga, Wexio

Thanks Niklas.

A photo like that, makes me wonder what might be on the other side of those trees! 100s of miles of wilderness .. or a huge metropolis! :-)

Cheers,

Dick

The other side of those trees is the town Wexio, not exactly a metropolis with its small population of 80000 people. But to the north there is a nice nature reserves where a historical ruin is located which was a stronghold for a freedom fighter called Nils Dacke, way back in the sixteenth century. He fought against the king in Swedens first and only real civil war.  =)

Dick Glasgow said:

Thanks Niklas.

A photo like that, makes me wonder what might be on the other side of those trees! 100s of miles of wilderness .. or a huge metropolis! :-)

Cheers,

Dick

"small population of 80,000"

Hey Niklas, my nearest settlement, 2 miles away, has a population of just over 400! ;-)

Speaking of monuments, a little closer than that is this, our local Round Tower.

N.B. ... we live on that hill, in the background.

Cheers, Dick

Dick:

What a great picture.

Kathy

Niklas:

Where is Wesxio?

Kathy

Niklas Håkansson said:

It is a small town in southern of Sweden in a county called Kronoberg. The picture below show both the ruin and type of landscape we have here in this part of Sweden, forests and surrounding lakes.

Kathy S said:

Niklas:

Where is Wesxio?

Kathy

Niklas Håkansson said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Tradconnect Reviews.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

The title of your home page You could put your verification ID in a comment Or, in its own meta tag Or, as one of your keywords Your content is here. The verification ID will NOT be detected if you put it here. .slick-track { display: flex!important; justify-content: center; align-items: center;/* Safari */ display: -webkit-flex!important; -webkit-justify-content:center; -webkit-align-items: center; }