As this website becomes more & more international, it becomes increasingly obvious that we are all living in completely different environments, time zones, climate regions, hemispheres, etc etc.

So I thought it might be fun if we each posted a photo of the view we have from our window, as we sit at home playing our Irish Music.

My own view is a fairly typical one of Irish countryside, with fields of green grass, hedges & hills. However, I have no doubt that others may well look out on rather different scenery.

So here's the challange, all you need to do is post a photo of your favourite view, from the window in your house which you site next to, or near, when you are playing your Irish Music. Let's see just how varied our landscapes really are. I've every confidence we'll end up with some gorgeous views of Tundra, Ice Wilderness, City, Village, Mighty Forests, Sea Cliffs, Deserts etc etc

N.B. Obviously, one should take great care when posting any photo here, that it doesn't reveal your exact location, so younger members may be excused from this exercise, unless they are 100% confident that their view could not possibly be traced.

Anyway, to kick the whole thing off, here's the view from my back window, up here on the Causeway Coast of North Antrim. Not very spectacular I know, but let's keep them coming & .... prepare to be dazzled! 8-)

Back Window:

Side  Window: with the Sperrins on the horizon.

Cheers,

Dick

Views: 1786

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Kathy, thanks for the lovely photo.

It looks like you live on a country estate! Do you live in a Palace, Castle or just a large Country House? ;-)

Also, do you have any other wildlife, apart from the Deer & Turkeys?

Cheers,

Dick

Dick:

I live out in the country, but not a Palace or Castle - it's a very small ranch house.  I tell everyone I got the least expensive house in the rich neighborhood ;o)

We have rabbits, fox, pheasant, an occassional bear, and unfortunately alot of skunks.  Two young foxes show up every night before sundown to catch crickets.  We also have two covered bridges within a mile or so of our house.

It's Bucks County, PA.

Kathy

Sounds great.

By the way, what's a covered bridge? Any links to photos of them?

Could that be somewhere to have an open air Session?;-)

Cheers,

Dick

One of these Madison County jobbies perhaps? :)

Indeed, The Bridges of Madison County. Come on Dick, you must have read it!! Sob,sob....

Lars Mott said:

One of these Madison County jobbies perhaps? :)

Not likely Barry ... according to Google it's just a soppy love story! :-/

But the Bridge looks great!

Ah but, a kinda classic soppy love story! Actually quite interesting too, if I recall correctly, for anyone with a creative bent and interested in photography which is sort of related to this thread.

Dick Glasgow said:

Not likely Barry ... according to Google it's just a soppy love story! :-/

But the Bridge looks great!

I wouldn't diss a 7.3 IMDB score (also IMO a good movie) as "soppy love story" :)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112579/

Naaaa ...... give me a good Western, any day!

A western is at least as cliché as a soppy love story, only in its own way :)

However, beauty is in the eyes of the beer holder, right?

Speaking of Westerns, I like Will Beavan's new avatar! The Cowboy from Clare! :-P
not my idea! but its a good one! ....come on though, the hat makes the man! :-)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Events

Groups

© 2020   Created by Tradconnect Reviews.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

The title of your home page You could put your verification ID in a comment Or, in its own meta tag Or, as one of your keywords Your content is here. The verification ID will NOT be detected if you put it here. .slick-track { display: flex!important; justify-content: center; align-items: center;/* Safari */ display: -webkit-flex!important; -webkit-justify-content:center; -webkit-align-items: center; }