Please write down what bodhrán maker you can vouch for here, preferably ones who are still alive and in business, for the benefit of people wanting a good quality bodhrán as opposed to those guinness logo thingies that would be best suited hanging on the wall with a lightbulb illuminating them from the inside :)

I'll start off with the ones i personally own and can recommend:

Eamon Maguire - 18 inch non tunable, thin goat skin

Brendan White - 18 inch tunable, thick goat skin (ordered as a "Colm Murphy replica" felt like plywood when i got it, but it is sounding better and better!

Seamus O'Kane - 15,5 inch tunable, Seamus new patented one screw tensioner system, lambeg goat skin.

Breandan De Faoite - 17" tunable, tuners built into the rim. Got this from Colm Murphy who kindly sent it to me, best bodhrán of the lot, pricey but worth it.

Views: 5021

Replies to This Discussion

Ross Jones said:

My 15'' cherrywood frame bodhran made by Irish maker Phil King

Hands down the nicest drum i have owned,

Great attention to detail, with a cool detatchable backbar

Great range of tones and awesome bass, i can give his details if anyone is interested.hi

can you send me his details or a website link?

hi

Like the look of these and the recommendation.Can some one send me his contact details? John N

I have settled into two drums after years of playing.  I have a bunch of others that were helpful.  But.....the two I perform with now are  a 16 year old tuneable 17"  Brendan White thin skin, and a Rolf Wagels RWE that I have had for about 10 months.  The RWE is sublime. I removed a bit of the rim tape so the drum has a bit more resonance. 

RSS

© 2017   Created by Tony Lawless.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

The title of your home page You could put your verification ID in a comment Or, in its own meta tag Or, as one of your keywords Your content is here. The verification ID will NOT be detected if you put it here. .slick-track { display: flex!important; justify-content: center; align-items: center;/* Safari */ display: -webkit-flex!important; -webkit-justify-content:center; -webkit-align-items: center; }