Got this baby just in time for Christmas!
The TrHed is according to Christian Hedwitschak:
"The TrHed is, as the name suggests, a more 'traditional' bodhrán. Well, for an instrument that may be 55 years old, it is of course difficult to speak of real tradition. But I am sure you know what I mean ;-)

This drum is the result of years of collaboration with Johnny 'Ringo' McDonnagh, best known bodhrán player of our time and a real veteran in the irish music.

'Ringo' prefers large diameter, relatively small frame and thick goat skins of old male animals, with the spine at 2/3 of the playing surface.

Having played it at two session so far, and bearing in mind it's dry winter air, and it's not nearly played in yet, it shows great promise! Great sound, and the potential to be as loud as you want, and at the same time very capable of the trademark 'clicky' sound of Colm Murphy.

All in all a price-worthy excellently built addition to the battery :)

Views: 387

Replies to This Discussion

And some pics.. :)

Attachments:

Very nice, love the Traditional look of these.  Any chance of a sound sample?

Yes.i will see what i can do, perhaps a comparison once it's played in proper.
Cheers!

RSS

© 2020   Created by Tradconnect Reviews.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

The title of your home page You could put your verification ID in a comment Or, in its own meta tag Or, as one of your keywords Your content is here. The verification ID will NOT be detected if you put it here. .slick-track { display: flex!important; justify-content: center; align-items: center;/* Safari */ display: -webkit-flex!important; -webkit-justify-content:center; -webkit-align-items: center; }