Oops..I posted this as a comment by mistake, so here's the same info as a discussion...

I'm starting a feature documentary on legendary flute maker Patrick Olwell, and though I'm donating my time and equipment for the next six months, I have to find a way to pay for travel to interview musicians like Matt Molloy and Seamus Egan. So I've put up a Kickstarter campaign, and starting today I'll have 30 days to meet my goal or else I don't get anything. So if you can share this link, or pass it on to folks who might be interested in the story, it would be a great help and really get this project off the ground.  

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1550984442/the-keymaster-patric...

For those who don't know me, I've been a professional musician for almost 25 years ( www.jemmoore.com )  and have recorded 15 albums, one of which (April Fool's Waltz) actually has Patrick playing on it. I left the folk scene in 2001 to pursue a career in aviation, and I am currently a Captain at Republic Airlines on the Embraer 190 jet. I started making films about three years ago ( www.descantproductions.com ) , and last year had a film  I did for the Heartland Chamber Music Festival voted "Best Documentary" at the Music Educators of America conference. 

I'm very excited to be working with Patrick on this project, preserving his story, and hearing the stories of the musicians he has inspired with his flutes. It's going to be a great project, I just need to get the word out and see if I can make it happen. I'll be joined in this effort by Blayne Chastain, founder of whistleanddrum.com and BlayneChastain.com where he offers flute and whistle lessons online. He is also involved in video production, and will bring an impressive set of skills and knowledge to the project. 

Check out the Kickstarter page for a video explaining what's going on, and some more info about how we're going to do it. Thanks, and if you have any questions, please drop me an email anytime....    jemmoore@hotmail.com

Spread the word!

Views: 179

Replies to This Discussion

I would just like to say that I know Jem and Blayne and have played at many a session with them, Blayne especially.  These are quality folks who do quality work.  So I have no doubts this will be a top notch documentary.  

Russ

Great project for a great craftsman. Can only support this. 

RSS

© 2019   Created by Tradconnect Reviews.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

The title of your home page You could put your verification ID in a comment Or, in its own meta tag Or, as one of your keywords Your content is here. The verification ID will NOT be detected if you put it here. .slick-track { display: flex!important; justify-content: center; align-items: center;/* Safari */ display: -webkit-flex!important; -webkit-justify-content:center; -webkit-align-items: center; }