I thought it would perhaps be interesting to let members contribute details of any Carolan tunes they may be in the process of learning. Since starting this group I have been finding jewel after jewel amongst his tunes and many of them now have "must learn" written beside them! There are so many smashing pieces that I'm hearing for the first time, I hardly know where to start.

I've recently put together whistle versions of Bridget Cruise (3), Mervyn Pratt and George Brabazon (2). I have also been "brushing up" a couple that I learned a while ago but have not played regularly - O'Carolan's Quarrel with the Landlady and Carolan's Draught. All of these make great whistle tunes.

So, over to you............What are you learning at the moment?

Views: 132

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Conor,

Thanks for the update. Farewell to music is a great tune - but one I don't do (yet!). And Carolan's Draught is one of those delightful ones that manages to be jolly, bouncey and stately all at the same time.

I'm delighted to see that you are using the tune archive for EXACTLY the reason I thought it worthwhile constructing it. I wish there was more in it, but I'm hoping to keep adding more and more. If your other searches turn anything up, let me know and I'll add it / them.

Keep up the good work Conor !

Mike
 Conor Casey said:

The last two I learned were his Farewell to Music, and O' Carolan's Draught.

Not sure where to go next, but that's where your youtube archive comes in handy!

https://youtu.be/a3tnySPuMgQ    My attempt at Carolan's Concerto.

Alan Jones said:

https://youtu.be/a3tnySPuMgQ    My attempt at Carolan's Concerto.

Hi Alan,

I have not frequented these pages for a number of years now, but your post was enough to tempt me back. It makes a cracking tune for Banjo doesn't it? Well done my friend, and thanks for posting it.

Warmest regards,

Mike

RSS

© 2018   Created by Tradconnect Reviews.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

The title of your home page You could put your verification ID in a comment Or, in its own meta tag Or, as one of your keywords Your content is here. The verification ID will NOT be detected if you put it here. .slick-track { display: flex!important; justify-content: center; align-items: center;/* Safari */ display: -webkit-flex!important; -webkit-justify-content:center; -webkit-align-items: center; }