I had been actively searching in an effort to add a Sindt D whistle to my ever growing array of high and low whistles. Though I had not yet played one, all accounts of the whistles made by John Sindt spoke of superb intonation, craftsmanship and a wonderful tone. The aquisition of a Sindt was not easy in that John Sindt had a two year waiting list and he had closed that to new orders in an effort to play catch up on standing orders. The demand for whistles crafted by the venerable Sindt is incredible and fully warranted given the thoughtful design and craftsmanship John puts into the instruments he makes to exacting specifications. The search for a Sindt lead me to comb sources within the secondary market where the demand is at feeding frenzy levels comparitive to those of sharks. I had put out some "feelers" with contacts both here in the USA and in Ireland to no avail and found myself frustrated though persistent.

About two weeks ago while viewing some classifieds for pre-owned instruments, I was amazed to see two sets of Sindt whistles almost instantaneous to their having been posted in the online ad. I immediately replied to the ad offering sets of Sindt's in D/Eb/E and C/C#, included were additional hybrid tone bodies in Sindt X Feadog D and Sindt X Generation C. I was delighted when the seller informed me that I had been the first to respond to his offering and a deal was struck for my purchase of both sets. I took delivery a few "long" days later and determined that my quest to own a Sindt whistle had been well worth the efforts involved. The sets are a true joy to play in every key.

Despite my very good fortune at coming into the sets mentioned, the desire to now own a "complete" set of all of the key offerings of John Sindt has set me into action on a new mission. I will be looking to add the keys of B/Bb and A to my collection. I assume it will not be easy, but I will continue to work toward rounding out my stable of Sindt whistles, all while enjoying playing those that I consider myself so lucky to have, every chance I get.

Slainte,
Cayden

Views: 480

Replies to This Discussion

I will alert you should i spot a Sindt in any of the keys you're after.

I will get mine (High D) any day now, it's in the mail after a 19 month wait. :)

I have played a friends Sindt before, and while its a brilliant whistle i don't thing i will scour the earth for another one..

Löfgren, Burke, Goldie and Freeman for that matter are all in the same league with Sindt IMO.

Anyway congrats on your find and as i said - i will give you a holler if i spot something Sindt-y coming my way!

Next whistle on my agenda is a Jean-Pierre Lemeur in high D

Cheers!

Lars, I certainly appreciate your response and any source info you can provide me with in terms of Sindt whistles in the keys that I am still needing for a complete set. Take care For now and good hunting to you.

Cheers,
Cayden

Lars 'Larry Mór' Mott said:

I will alert you should i spot a Sindt in any of the keys you're after.

I will get mine (High D) any day now, it's in the mail after a 19 month wait. :)

I have played a friends Sindt before, and while its a brilliant whistle i don't thing i will scour the earth for another one..

Löfgren, Burke, Goldie and Freeman for that matter are all in the same league with Sindt IMO.

Anyway congrats on your find and as i said - i will give you a holler if i spot something Sindt-y coming my way!

Next whistle on my agenda is a Jean-Pierre Lemeur in high D

Cheers!

RSS

© 2020   Created by Tradconnect Reviews.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

The title of your home page You could put your verification ID in a comment Or, in its own meta tag Or, as one of your keywords Your content is here. The verification ID will NOT be detected if you put it here. .slick-track { display: flex!important; justify-content: center; align-items: center;/* Safari */ display: -webkit-flex!important; -webkit-justify-content:center; -webkit-align-items: center; }