73 Merrion Square, Dublin 2, Ireland • 73 Cearnóg Mhuirfean, BÁC 2, Éire
tel./teil. +353 (0)1 661 9699 fax/faics +353 (0)1 662 4585
A Chairde / Dear Friends,
Our latest set of interactive music scores is now available on the ITMA website. It consists of the 199 tunes in two tranches that make up Volume 1 of Francis Roche’s Collection of Irish Airs, Marches and Dance Tunes Compiled and Arranged for Violin, Mandoline, Flute, or Pipes. This book was first published in Dublin in 1912 and in a revised version (the source of these settings) in 1927. Roche (1866–1961) was a professional teacher of music and dance from the village of Elton in south Co Limerick.
- The Archive will be open tomorrow evening for Culture Night 2013 from 5pm to 10pm. ITMA staff and friends will provide the music and there will be a special performance from the Dublin band Lynched from 7pm to 8pm. There will also be a screening of Come West along the Road in our Special Collections room.
- ‘The Rolling Wave’, RTÉ 1 Radio: ITMA 25 interview of Director by presenter Peter Browne is available here
- ‘Aos Dána’, Raidió Fáilte, Belfast: ITMA 25 interview of Director by presenter Dónall Mac Murchaidh is available here
- ‘Siar an Bóthar’, TG4 Television: The final programme from the recently completed 12th series is available on the TG4 Player here
- Handed Down: Country Fiddling and Dancing in East and Central Down by Nigel Boullier, published by the Ulster Historical Foundation, Belfast, 2013, is now available to buy from ITMA (Due to the heavy weight of this book it is only available for collection from 73 Merrion Square, Dublin 2).
- Late-Night Opening: ITMA is now open every Thursday night until 8.00 pm.
- Saturday Opening: Our next Saturday opening will be this Saturday 21 September 2013, 10.00 am to 5.00 pm.
- Social Media: You can follow ITMA on Twitter @ITMADublin as well as on Facebook.
- Digitised Materials: The ITMA is continuing with its existing bi-monthly programme of publishing new tranches of digitised materials which are available here.
- On-Line Catalogue: Entries are available here.
The Arts Council / An Chomhairle Ealaíon is currently advertising for a Traditional Arts Adviser, deadline 26 September 2013. For further information see here
The Staff of the Irish Traditional Music Archive / Taisce Cheol Dúchais Éireann