Traditional Irish Music
Pota Óir (Pot of Gold)
And we have exciting news! We hope to have an hour long film by maestro director, Anthony White with us on the road as a dvd. There's a certain need for stars to align with this but so far we're all on target!
Anthony has been following us around with his camera for the past couple of years and he has come up with this gorgeous film ‘Pota Óir’ (translated into Pot of Gold). It has clips of us backstage chatting, warming-up, joking around and is all in black and white. It is an hour long. When we have the cover done I’ll put it up for pre-order on the website so people who won’t see us on our journeys around Ireland can order copies.
Speaking of dvds. We will have some dvd copies in of the beautiful prize winning documentary Wild Ireland (from the makers of Ireland’s Secret River and Wild Journeys, Crossing the Line Films). Our music and some of Rónán’s compositions is scattered liberally throughout the film. The photography is stunning and the presenter Colin Stafford Johnson is a maestro when it comes to capturing Ireland. I’ll get this for sale in the shop as soon as I get the copies in – the production company are waiting for delivery!
Cúl an Tí (Back of the House)
This is our 12 songs, 12 singers, 12 animations by 12 directors project (in conjunction with Cartoon Saloon and Fócas Films) and we still haven’t been given a broadcast date by TG4. Hopefully it will go ahead early enough in the new year. We will be producing) a dvd with the videos and this will be available around the time of broadcast.
Cartoon Saloon’s latest film, The Breadwinner, has just been released in the USA. I haven’t seen it yet but am told that is exquisite. It was directed by Nora Twomey and will hit European shores in the new year. We weren’t part of the music team for this one but we hope work on their next one, which is already at the animatic stage. Here’s the first trailer.
Kíla Christmas Tour 2017
This is our fourth annual tour around this time of year.
Dec 22nd - The Button Factory, Dublin
Dec 27th - Cyprus Avenue, Cork
Dec 28th - De Barras, Clonakilty, Co. Cork
Dec 29th - Monroes, Galway
Dec 30th - The Stables, Mullingar
Dec 31st - Dolans Warehouse, Limerick
And if anyone wants to help with postering or flyering for any of the shows please contact me on email@example.com and I can organise tickets in return!
Bits and Bobs
· * Dee designed the Manorhamilton Samhain (Halloween) parade this year. It was a resounding success. She is currently working on the town’s Panto!!
· * Brian wrote the music for the Irish Modern Dance Theatre’s most recent dance show ‘Everything Now’.
· * Dave was drumming with Paul Brady on his recent Irish tour.
· * Old TG4 programmes featuring Colm were re-broadcast recently. Glaoch an Cheoil with Colm as mentor for aspiring musicians and Ceol Johnny Cash with Colm singing an Irish version of the old classic ‘I’ve Been Everywhere’.
· * James was over in Barcelona for the Irish festival held just south of the city in Stiges. He was working with a great bunch of young musicians from Music Generation Carlow, on an old Kíla favourite Skinheads. Here's a clip of it with some great dancing±
· * Most of the Kíla albums are in the Kíla shop if anyone wants to get Christmas pressies for their loved ones and not-so-loved ones!! The Book of Tunes is always a favourite and is at a bargain price €15 with postage and packaging included!!
Sin sin a chairde - That’s all for now
Add a Comment