Traditional Irish Music
Radio Kidnappers (NZ) 104.7MHz FM.
Broadcast: 16/01/2022 0004-0100 NZDT.
REPEATING: Tue 18/01/2022 1605-1700 NZDT.
STREAMING LIVE: radiokidnappers.org.nz/Programmes/Details.aspx?PID=0aed8b81-7438-4da5-b2f9-d5dfc3ef3447
Specialising in tradition-based instrumental music.
Today: Ken Kolodner & Elke Baker; Bùmarang; The Sweet's Mill Mountain Boys & Kenny Hall and Neil Barron and his Scottish Dance Band.
Artist: Title (Duration) (Composer/Lyricist) "Album title" Record Label CatNo, Date. (Medium) [Country] (E-Address) [Comment]
1. Tim Hill: Mairseail Alasdruim (5.50) (Traditional) "Music at the Gate" Tim Hill 725272730706, 2019. (CD) [IE] [facebook.com/hillandrhodes] [Ng 54, Session #16083] [ISRC: QMAAK2021594]
2. Bùmarang: Jock Brown's 70th (4.24) (Gordon Duncan) "Echo land" Fallen Tree FTRD1024, 2021. (Digital album) [SC] [fallentreerecords.com] [Session #10023] [ISRC: CANOI2000011]
3. Henry Thomson: Put hame da borraed claes / Jeannie choke da bairn / Oot b' Aist da Vong (1.50) (Traditional; Traditional; Traditional) "Shetland fiddle music (Scottish tradition vol. 4)" Tangent TNGM117, 1973. (LP) [ZE] [-; -; Ng 1477, Session #642]
4. Joe Hutton: The hawk / Cheviot rant (2.40) (James Hill; Billy Miller) "Joe Hutton of Coquetdale: Northumbrian small pipes" Mawson & Wareham MWMC1024, 1980. (Cassette) [EN] [Ng 813, Session #3146; Session #3364]
5. John McKenna & Michael Gaffney: Up and away / Mary girl (3.00) (Traditional; Traditional) "Irish dance music, edited by Reg Hall" Folkways FW08821, 1973. (Digital album) [IE] [folkways.si.edu] [Ng 2011; Ng 2135] [ISRC: USSF17382101]
6. The Hamilton County Bluegrass Band: Washington County (2.47) (Kenny Baker) "Ballads to blues 1994" NZ Folk Foundation, 1995. (Cassette) [NZ]
7. Ken Kolodner & Elke Baker: The rumbling quadrille (4.35) (Traditional) "On a cold winter's day" Fenchurch Music 11, 2021. (Digital album) [DK] [kenkolodner.com] [ISRC: QM9AA2020370]
8. The Sweet's Mill Mountain Boys & Kenny Hall: Eighth of January (2.21) (Traditional) "The Village out west: the lost tapes of Alan Oakes (disc 1)" Smithsonian Folkways SFW40245, 2021. (Digital album) [US] [folkways.si.edu] [Session #1306] [ISRC: USSF12024505]
9. Brad Kolodner: Waynesboro (3.44) (Traditional) "Chimney swifts" Fenchurch Music FEN-ED-12, 2021. (Digital album) [US] [kenkolodner.com] [ISRC: USFVZ2190510]
10. Mick O'Brien, Emer Mayock & Aoife Ní Bhriain: An maidrín ruadh (6.47) (Traditional) "Tunes from the Goodman Manuscripts" Is Mise 003, 2012. (Digital album) [IE] [goodmantunestrio.bandcamp.com] [Ng 664] [ISRC: IEFOD1200008]
11. Neil Barron and his Scottish Dance Band: South from Oban / Nicol McLaren o' Blair's jig / Major Mackie / Down the Tannoch road (5.48) (Nan Main; John Renton; Traditional; Addie Harper) "The Leeds golden collection" RSCDSLeeds LEEDS50CD, 2014. (CD) [SC] [rscdsleeds.uk] [MyStrathspey #1635; MyStrathspey #10205; Session #6318; Session #4858]
Radio Kidnappers extends thanks to the companies and individuals who have provided recordings for review/play on Folk on Sunday and Kidnappers Ceilidh. Feedback is welcome, especially if we get the song attributions wrong. For more on Radio Kidnappers programmes and broadcasters visit radiokidnappers.org.nz/Programmes/
Add a Comment