Traditional Irish Music
Radio Kidnappers (NZ) 104.7MHz FM.
Broadcast: 30/01/2022 0004-0100 NZDT
REPEATING: Tue 1/02/2022 1605-1700 NZDT.
STREAMING LIVE: radiokidnappers.org.nz/Programmes/Details.aspx?PID=0aed8b81-7438-4da5-b2f9-d5dfc3ef3447
Specialising in tradition-based instrumental music.
Today: Ken Kolodner & Elke Baker; Jerry Houck; Shane Cook & The Woodchippers and Neil Barron and his Scottish Dance Band.
Artist: Title (Duration) (Composer/Lyricist) "Album title" Record Label CatNo, Date. (Medium) [Country] (E-Address) [Comment]
1. The Pipes and Drums of Innes Tartan: March, strathspey and reel: The young McGregor / Captain Colin Campbell / Duncan Lamont (3.21) (PM J MacGregor; PM Donald P MacLeod MBE; PM Donald P MacLeod MBE) "Pipe band spectacular, disc 1: Innes Tartan Band" Music World MALPS311, 1969. (LP) [NZ] [-; -; MyStrathspey #5331]
2. Northumberland Down Under team: Rothbury Hills / Joe Hutton's march (3.13) (Jack Armstrong; Archie Dagg) "Northumberland down under: New Zealand tour 2001" Private recording, 2004. (Cassette) [NZ] [-; Session #8513]
3. The Kana Street Kilties: Field Marshall Roberts' warning (2.41) (Alexander T Cameron) "The drunken piper of Banvie" Kana St Kilties, 2017. (Digital album) [NZ] [kanastkilties.bandcamp.com] [ISRC: AUPAK1700007]
4. Peter Mack & Noel Rutherford: Archibald McDonald of Keppoch (3.03) (Traditional) "Uncertain futures" Peter Mack & Noel Rutherford, 2000. (CD) [NZ] [Session #6999]
5. John Ridout's Friends: Boys of Bluehill / Harvest home (4.13) (Traditional; Traditional) "A session for John" Private recording, 2019. (Digital album) [NZ] [Ng 207, Session #651; Ng 808, Session #49]
6. Bleary & District Pipe Band: Hugh Kennedy / The shepherd's crook / Thomson's dirk (3.27) (PM Peter Roderick MacLeod; Traditional; Traditional) "World Pipe Band Championships 2004, vol 2" Monarch CDMON 860, 2004. (CD) [SC] [krl.co.uk] [-; -; Kerr 4 #2] [ISRC: GBAAU0402712]
7. Brad Kolodner: Catalpa hop (2.49) (Brad Kolodner) "Chimney swifts" Fenchurch Music FEN-ED-12, 2021. (Digital album) [US] [kenkolodner.com] [ISRC: USFVZ2190506]
8. Jerry Houck: Mardi Gras dance (3.27) (Traditional) "The Village out west: the lost tapes of Alan Oakes (disc 1)" Smithsonian Folkways SFW40245, 2021. (Digital album) [US] [folkways.si.edu] [ISRC: USSF12024518]
9. Ken Kolodner & Elke Baker: Eagle's whistle / I saw three ships / Ljunggrens låga polska (7.08) (Traditional; Traditional; Traditional) "On a cold winter's day" Fenchurch Music 11, 2021. (Digital album) [IE] [kenkolodner.com] [Ng 5897, Session #4192; Session #14365; FolkWiki #39] [ISRC: QM9AA2020375]
10. Shane Cook & The Woodchippers: The cottonwoods / Carpet filtered coffee / Fish and tatties / The Cow Path (5.25) (Shane Cook & Gordon Stobbe; Kyle Waymouth; Dr Allan MacDonald; Shane Cook) "Be here for a while" Shane Cook SCS0007, 2021. (CD) [CA] [shanecook.com] [-; -; Session #4389; -] [ISRC: CANF62100011]
11. Neil Barron and his Scottish Dance Band: Golden arc: Doug Cargill's reel / Alex Smith's reel / Waverley Steps / Bert McCroskie (4.40) (Neil Barron; Neil Barron; Robert Black; Robert Frew) "The Leeds golden collection" RSCDSLeeds LEEDS50CD, 2014. (CD) [SC] [rscdsleeds.uk] [MyStrathspey #12581; MyStrathspey #9962; MyStrathspey #1956; MyStrathspey #111]
Radio Kidnappers extends thanks to the companies and individuals who have provided recordings for review/play on Folk on Sunday and Kidnappers Ceilidh. Feedback is welcome, especially if we get the song attributions wrong. For more on Radio Kidnappers programmes and broadcasters visit radiokidnappers.org.nz/Programmes/
Mitch and Robyn Park
Add a Comment