Traditional Irish Music
Radio Kidnappers (NZ) 104.7MHz FM.
BROADCAST: Sun 20/02/2022 0004-0100 NZDT.
REPEATING: Tue 22/02/2022 1605-1700 NZDT.
STREAMING LIVE: radiokidnappers.org.nz/Programmes/Details.aspx?PID=0aed8b81-7438-4da5-b2f9-d5dfc3ef3447
Specialising in tradition-based instrumental music.
Today: Dlù; Allison de Groot & Tatiana Hargreaves; The McDades and Cummings, Sutherland & Kolodner.
Artist: Title (Duration) (Composer/Lyricist) "Album title" Record Label CatNo, Date. (Medium) [Country] (E-Address) [Comment]
1. Dlù: Am Politician / Beinn Scrìthean / Bun a'mhuilinn (6.29) (Zach Ronan; Moilidh NicGriogair; Zach Ronan) "Moch = Dawn" ARC Music EUCD2956, 2022. (Digital album) [SC] [arcmusic.co.uk] [ISRC: GBCKG2100233]
2. The McDades: The Empress (4.27) (S Johnson, J McDade, S McDade) "The Empress" Free Radio Records FRCD-007, 2021. (Digital album) [CA] [themcdades.com] [ISRC: CAF392100009]
3. Cummings, Sutherland & Kolodner: Lexie MacAskill (2.47) (Dr John MacAskill) "The birds' flight" Timothy Cummings, Pete Sutherland, Brad Kolodner 700261487519, 2021. (Digital album) [US] [birchenmusic.com] [Session #1093] [ISRC: QM9AA2095958]
4. Maureen Minogue: The Knocknagow jig (1.38) (Traditional) "It was great altogether: the continuing tradition of Irish music in London (disc 2) (The voice of the people)" Topic TSCD680T, 2015. (CD) [IE] [topicrecords.co.uk] [Ng 1063, Session #3354]
5. Mick Gorman: The flogging reel (2.13) (Traditional) "It was mighty: the early days of Irish music in London (disc 2) (The voice of the people)" Topic TSCD679T, 2015. (CD) [IE] [topicrecords.co.uk] [Ng 643, Session #195]
6. James Byrne: John Byrne's jig (1.49) (Traditional) "The road to Glenlough: traditional fiddle music from Donegal" Claddagh CC52CD, 1990. (CD) [crl.ie]
7. Allison de Groot & Tatiana Hargreaves: Hurricane Clarice / Brushy Fork of John's Creek (6.32) (Tatiana Hargreaves; Traditional) "Hurricane Clarice" Free Dirt Records DIRT-CD-0104, 2022. (Digital album) [US] [freedirt.net] [ISRC: USFVZ2190570]
8. Shane Cook & The Woodchippers: Born of a summer's day (3.36) (Brian Pickell) "Be here for a while" Shane Cook SCS0007, 2021. (CD) [CA] [shanecook.com] [ISRC: CANF62100012]
9. Adeline: Adeline (3.20) (Traditional) "Adeline" Owl Music OWL001, 2021. (Digital album) [US] [adelineoldtime.com] [ISRC: CA08T14007015]
10. Mick O'Brien, Emer Mayock & Aoife Ní Bhriain: Siobhán Mhór, or The eagle's whistle (5.21) (Traditional) "More tunes from the Goodman Manuscripts" Is Mise 004, 2021. (Digital album) [IE] [goodmantunestrio.bandcamp.com] [Session #1837] [ISRC: IEFOD2000007]
11. Neil Barron and his Scottish Dance Band: The Cooper children: The wee cooper o' Fife / The kingdom / The five bar gate / High pressure / Ali's rusty nails / Last may a braw wooer / Wha's at the window, wha? (5.47) (Traditional; Neil Barron; Neil Barron; Neil Barron; Neil Barron; Traditional; Traditional) "The Leeds golden collection" RSCDSLeeds LEEDS50CD, 2014. (CD) [SC] [rscdsleeds.uk] [MyStrathspey #1785; MyStrathspey #13037; MyStrathspey #13038; MyStrathspey #13039; MyStrathspey #13040; MyStrathspey #963; MyStrathspey #3136]
Child: Francis James Child, The English and Scottish Popular Ballads (1882-1898).
Laws: G. Malcolm Laws, Jr., Native American Balladry (1964); and American Ballads from British Broadsides (1957).
Radio Kidnappers extends thanks to the companies and individuals who have provided recordings for review/play on Folk on Sunday and Kidnappers Ceilidh. Feedback is welcome, especially if we get the song attributions wrong.
For more on Radio Kidnappers programmes and broadcasters visit radiokidnappers.org.nz/Programmes/
Mitch and Robyn Park
Add a Comment